View post (Define the word sell-out?)

View thread

TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
05/19/2002 10:49 am
I'm a pro-capitalist and see nothing wrong with making money from something you have a talent for....including music, but at the same time the reason I would not choose a career in band work is because I want to stay away from the world where record companies **** bands for money by making them change the music for no reason other than capital. I'm more the type of player who sticks to a non-commercial band and plays for people who want to hear the music he offers and not what a record company offers on behalf of him. Not that I'm saying all new music sucks because of the companies, I'm very far from that viewpoint, but i wouldnt want to be thought of as a commercial tool.

Even when you think you found record company that suits your creative needs they can always change on you later. Like whoever it was who told megadeth they would be better as a nu-metal band with a new name. They refused to go anywhere near that suggestion because millions of fans appreciated the music as it was and if keeping it that way didnt make them more money they didnt care. Kudos to Megadeth!
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'