View post (Define the word sell-out?)

View thread

Slasher
Slasher
05/18/2002 4:51 pm
A lot of people see selling out as making a lot of money from music. But if someone offered you a million bucks to do an album, I think 99% of us would take it. But as long as the music stays true to what you want it to be then it's not sellin out, after all we all need to make a living. Limp Bizkit fans had a go at Fred Durst coz he moved from Jacksonville to LA. N Wes Borland left the band coz he thought they had sold out coz they were makin a lot of money and livin the high life. I don't see that as selling out myself as the music has stayed the same. But it all depends on the record label, if they change anything about you, music, fashion, lifestyle etc thats all part of a corperate machine, a cog of conformity. Changing yourself to make money thats when you've sold out, and the music is not important. But if you manage to become big, make a lotta money n not change, that would be fantastic. Knowing that there are people all around the world listning to my message would satisfy me more than the money. On the other hand money could buy me allsorts...
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!