Opinions about the Schegel beginners course.

davidapr
davidapr
02/17/2014 2:20 am
Hello, what do you think about the beginners course by schegel?, did you notice if the course is a little boring,? or is entertaining enough to not loose the focus on the classes?

Thanks
# 1
Carmine M
Carmine M
02/17/2014 3:28 pm
It is a course that i regret i did not studied as it deserved. May not be the funniest thing you will play with your guitar but is the most useful to let you start
carmine

Regards,

cm

# 2
davidapr
davidapr
02/19/2014 4:31 am
Originally Posted by: carminemarottaIt is a course that i regret i did not studied as it deserved. May not be the funniest thing you will play with your guitar but is the most useful to let you start
carmine

Thanks for the information.
:D.. im going to use it to learn some new things and as a refresher.
# 3
danglesf123
danglesf123
02/20/2014 12:56 am
Hi there, this course is for absolute beginners so your not gonna be rocking out to your favourite band in 5 min if your starting from scratch. The stuff in it and the melodies are very basic but this helps as u build from thing to the other so it depends where your skill level sits as to I whether you may find it boring

Beginners stuff by virtue can be deemed as boring but u need this knowledge and skills to be a better guitarist. As a absolute beginner (presuming one is) it's crucial to look at the bigger picture and to see this course as a means to an end.

I've been playing for a few years but went thru it anyway and used it as refresher and found some parts useful. I wish when I started I had this structured approach.

The videos are short which should keep you focused l reckon, and I think it teaches you the things that are likely to useful in enough detail without going overboard.

At first I thought Chris Schlegel was a little odd in the way he comes across but he explains things clearly and slowly which is what u want at this level...I think he is pretty good.
# 4
Martintrini
Martintrini
02/21/2014 3:58 am
I learned a lot thru him, and during his course he answered a lot of issues i had pending in my mind.
I have been a mechanic for the last 40 years and i am still learning, listen carefully and you would be supprised.
Dave
Trini2dbone
# 5
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/22/2014 1:58 pm
Originally Posted by: danglesf123Beginners stuff by virtue can be deemed as boring but u need this knowledge and skills to be a better guitarist. As a absolute beginner (presuming one is) it's crucial to look at the bigger picture and to see this course as a means to an end.[/quote]
Well said! Glad you were able to find it useful even though you've been playing a few years.
[QUOTE=danglesf123]
At first I thought Chris Schlegel was a little odd in the way he comes across but he explains things clearly and slowly which is what u want at this level...I think he is pretty good.

"Just a little odd" is something I get a lot. :) It must be my charming personality. :D
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 6

02/22/2014 2:58 pm
chris u da man,odd or not your a great teacher,and thats what i need is a great teacher.thanks for being odd.
# 7
tweety67
tweety67
02/22/2014 6:37 pm
I've only been a member for a few months but I have enjoyed his lessons and have learned a lot.
# 8
Diverkev
Diverkev
02/24/2014 11:10 am
I have just signed up to guitar tricks because I was fed up of my instructor going too quick and not explaining any techniques which could help me. I have also tried to learn from youtube and other online sources without success.
I think that these lessons are great, they are short and clear and they allow me to watch a little bit and then practice before moving onto the next video. This weekend I have not wanted to put my guitar down because I actually feel like I am making progress and even enjoyed playing jingle bells.
# 9
fuzzb0x
fuzzb0x
02/24/2014 9:25 pm
I've been doing some of Chris Schegels lessons and he's definately got his own teaching style but after a few lessons i've decided i really like the way he teaches, it's very clear and his lessons structure allowes you to pause the video easily at certain points to take in a section and practice it before moving on in the video.
# 10
Richie D
Full Access
Richie D
Full Access
02/25/2014 4:44 am
I have taken private lessons for the past 2 years with 2 different instructors. Each for 1 year. The 1/2 hour each week was just not producing the results for the time and money I put forth. Music theory was for all practical purposes very minimal and only if I asked a question. I have since quit this type of instruction. My feeling after starting on-line instruction is that I've learned more music theory in 2 weeks than I learned in the 2 years of private instruction. I also now have a fresh new interest in the guitar. Chris Schlegel in my opinion is an excellant teacher. He comes across as a teacher who is very genuine and clearly is interested in putting out a very good beginner course.
# 11
Steve Barrow
Steve Barrow
02/25/2014 7:34 am
Great to see so many replies paying due respect to Chris Schlegel - as Mr Axe2 says, he's the man for sure. It's not just that his lessons are very helpful, or that he's got an encyclopaedic knowledge of music theory. If you look at his answers in the Forum you can see that he's a very patient guy who goes to immense trouble to pass on his knowledge to GT members. Brilliant!
# 12
johnsag
Full Access
johnsag
Full Access
02/25/2014 1:55 pm
I had great success with the fundamentals course preparing me for the next steps with learning guitar. Chris goes above and beyond on getting us answers to our questions which is great value to all of the members here!
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.