Love's Labour?

hendrixintraining
hendrixintraining
05/12/2002 6:12 am
Hey guys, i'm not really sure if this kinda topic goes here but i'm a musician and this is my life so it fits to me. Ok here's the scoop i've got a girlfriend and play lots of guitar. I write alot of songs but they aren't about my girlfriend. Most of them are about another girl who i have crushed on for almost 3 years. I love my girlfriend don't get me wrong but it's getting harder to ignore my feelings for this other girl. The thing is though i'm "unpopular" and this other girl is "popular" so she's almost unattainable(at least i think so). Is this just high school infatuation or should i take the chance? oh yea we always have the same interests(in other words we both have dreams of being famous and we are actively pursuing it). But i dunno, what would you do?
# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/12/2002 9:56 am
I'd have an affair with the two girls, and then I'd try to have them both at the same time! "two girls for everyyyyyyy boyyyyyyyy" (Beach Boys)
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/12/2002 3:36 pm
[i]...should i take the chance? ...[/B]
You will never know unless you find out now. You might find out that she feels the same way about you, and wonders why you haven't approached her. :cool:

Or she may not want to know you exist. You will lose the girlfriend you have now, by pursuing the other girl. :eek:

This a classic example of the kind of risk/reward choices you will be facing frequently for the rest of your life. :confused:

So, do you feel lucky?
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
James8831
James8831
05/12/2002 5:30 pm
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
[i]...should i take the chance? ...

This a classic example of the kind of risk/reward choices you will be facing frequently for the rest of your life. :confused:

[/B]

It's the same way for all of us..but try making friends, and try not to be too obvious about your intentions, with the other girl ,to find out what she's REALLY like first..that may put you off..or not...the grass is always greener,young man.

*can't beleive i just said that*
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/12/2002 6:11 pm
Originally posted by James8831 ...the grass is always greener,young man...*can't beleive i just said that*
LOL I had to choke back the same phrase! :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
kimbob
kimbob
05/13/2002 6:28 am
First, Ask a friend of hers if she likes you.
Second, If she does like you, tell her friend to tell her that you like her.(but only if she likes you)(if she doesn't like you tell her not to say anything)
Third, If you find out that she likes you and you like her, record one of the songs that you wrote for her and have the friend give it to her.
Fourth, If that doesn't work, hit her in the head with a rock.(worked for me when I was seven)
Good Luck and let us know if it works.;)
"Let that boy Boogie Woogie. Cause' it in em' and it got to come out." -John Lee Hooker-
There's no substitute for expeience. So get out there and break some strings on stage.
# 6
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/13/2002 3:27 pm
Originally posted by kimbob
Fourth, If that doesn't work, hit her in the head with a rock

And grab her by her hair, bring her back to your cave, and then **** * ** ****** ***** ** ******** *** *** ** *** ******** ****** !!
# 7
kingdavid
kingdavid
05/13/2002 5:51 pm
This men are gonna mislead you.
Unless of course that is what you want,to get misled.
If I was you,and I'm not,but if I was,I'd try and find out first what kind of chick she is.You probably already know that(why are you attracted to her?).Then when I know she's cool,and we have all these similar interests,I just go tell her what I feel about her.Assuming (I got the feeling you're in high school,or was it just an expression)she won't go tell everyone in school.
Or just try and jam with her.Then do the songs you've written about her with her.See if they move her.If they do,then tell her ther rest of the story.
And about the grass being greener;sure,the grass will always be greener,but don't forget,you're grass as well.And greener isn't necessarily better.Some things can be said in a jokish kind of way,but some of these stuff is serious,man.
And do you know how grass reacts when it's eaten and then left for greener grass?
And if you read the bible(im not saved,im not even close)the story of Lot and the other guy could be something.It had to do with choosing land,and the guy that chose the greener land ended up badly.Not that it has anything to do with anything,I'm just mentioning it.
# 8
James8831
James8831
05/13/2002 7:31 pm
Originally posted by kingdavid

uuh KingDavid, what we have here is a FAILURE to communicate...

I think all of us 'old buffers' are trying to warn this young man to be careful in how he approaches the young lady. "the grass is always greener" is an expression which basically means that you see something that you haven't got and want it, BUT you may not be any happier,or may be less happy once you have it and may have not been wise to throw away what you had..

The potential for embarassment in the above situation is..enormous, quite apart from any philosophical,psychological,ethical,epistemological or moral issues (etc) which may enter into the situation.. I do just about remember what it was like..

All the Best.

James.
# 9
kimbob
kimbob
05/14/2002 2:51 am
hendrix,
Be carefull what you wish for, ...You just might get it!
"Let that boy Boogie Woogie. Cause' it in em' and it got to come out." -John Lee Hooker-
There's no substitute for expeience. So get out there and break some strings on stage.
# 10
kingdavid
kingdavid
05/14/2002 7:38 am
Originally posted by James8831
Originally posted by kingdavid

...BUT you may not be any happier,or may be less happy once you have it and may have not been wise to throw away what you had...James.

My very point.
El communicado is perfecto!:)
Except for this;what is estemiology(sp?)?
# 11
James8831
James8831
05/14/2002 8:05 am
the underlying knowledge of a situation, perhaps i meant etymological..I never got on with any taught philosophy class.

It seems that no-one is trying to be misleading.

# 12
James8831
James8831
05/14/2002 8:06 am
Originally posted by kimbob
hendrix,
Be carefull what you wish for, ...You just might get it!

Now this is the best way of putting it..
# 13
Joseph
Joseph
05/18/2002 3:55 pm
Originally posted by hendrixintraining
Hey guys, i'm not really sure if this kinda topic goes here but i'm a musician and this is my life so it fits to me. Ok here's the scoop i've got a girlfriend and play lots of guitar. I write alot of songs but they aren't about my girlfriend. Most of them are about another girl who i have crushed on for almost 3 years. I love my girlfriend don't get me wrong but it's getting harder to ignore my feelings for this other girl. The thing is though i'm "unpopular" and this other girl is "popular" so she's almost unattainable(at least i think so). Is this just high school infatuation or should i take the chance? oh yea we always have the same interests(in other words we both have dreams of being famous and we are actively pursuing it). But i dunno, what would you do?

Music provokes all different types of emotions within our soul, and our thoughts and feelings shouldn't always analyzed to the core. Sometimes it's just worth going with the moment, and just riding your last thought for all it's worth. Personally for me, just a few subtle facial expressions, or a few passages from everyday conversation inbspire me in more ways than one. I just wait for those natural moments to kick in, those moments that take my compositions to a new unexpected level of artistic freedom. Obviously your thoughts wont sit well with your gf, especially if they're about another girl, but who says you have to let the cat out of the bag? *meow* Just finish writing your songs in the best way you possibily can, and wait for that one defining moment when your gf will say something or do something that will take your songs to a new level. Sometimes after a good night sleep, oh but not alone my friend. :cool:
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 14

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.