Hi I am new here.

NickFerra
NickFerra
12/12/2013 11:17 pm
Hi My name is Nick Ferra. I just signed up for the full access. I skimed through the songs and I am looking forward to get better at the guitar.
I have been playing off and on since I was 16. I am now 30. I'm not the greatest guitar player. Actually I am somewhat of a sloppy and lazy player. If it's anything more complicated than open and power chords and really easy solos (Nirvana) then I am not really that good. I want to be good though because I am now in a band and I would really like to learn how to do some really cool solos and lead parts.

Any recommended lessons you can point me to? I need to get over being lazy and avoiding anything more difficult than open and power chords.

Nick
# 1
wbeaton
wbeaton
12/12/2013 11:33 pm
Hi, my name is Wendy. Ive been playing guitar for nearly 30 years but am finding this site to be extremely thorough and helpful. I found myself stagnating, no longer learning anything new until I joined. I am very greatful for guitartricks.com and I plan on using it to the full advantage. Im sure my bandmates appreciate it too lol
# 2
compart1
compart1
12/13/2013 2:10 pm
Hi Nick and Wendy..
Welcome to Guitar Tricks..
Nick, You may want to check out the Art fo Practice if you haven't already. Also zip through the fundamental to see if you missed any basics.
Wendy, what genre of music does your band play?
Good luck to you both.
# 3
maggior
maggior
12/13/2013 2:40 pm
Welcome aboard Nick!!

I came here from a background similar to yours. I have skills all over the place with big gaps.

Just being in a band will help you out quite a bit. Playing with other players with regularity will advance your skills.

I'll second Compart1's suggestion. Once you hit a point where it's challenging, slow down and go through the material. Also check out which "specialty" you want to go through once you finish fundamentals 1 and 2. Your choices are rock, blues, and country.

I think You should also go through the expansive list of song lessons and find some that fit your skill level that interest you. Having songs that I'm currently working on helps keep my interest up.

Another thing that the song lessons do for you is teach you how to adjust your tone. Each lesson describes the equipment used, effects used, and tone settings. Learning to mimic other players' tone helps you dial in your own tone that appeals to you.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.