View post (Rocksmith 2014)

View thread

slimdr
slimdr
12/03/2013 1:54 am
I have both versions on xBox360. 2014 doesn't work well with a picked up acoustic. I even called Ubisoft about this, and they agreed it takes too much time for tone rattle through guitar to the pickup and then the game.

I got an electric guitar and that works much better. 2013 was OK with an acoustic guitar.

2014 has a very sensitive tuner, but is helpful.

Overall it teaches moving through songs, what tones to play on which strings and frets. You have no idea what note you are playing. It does teach us chords blocks though.

It really is teaching rhythm, and once reached in Master mode, songs from memory. Without reaching master mode you wouldn't be able to the songs with out the game.

This all being said, the interface with the game is very good at raising and lowering game play to the person's ability. It makes learning to play the guitar fun.

BUT depending on your participants interest - there is no substitute for GTs information, training and music, so one can pickup and play music not by ear but as it is written.

Hope this helps. Both are very fun, but I think one will go much further toward an all around player with Guitar Tricks.

One man's opinion