New to Forum

Smokinj
Full Access
Smokinj
Full Access
10/20/2013 1:42 pm
Hi all, John from Ottawa, Canada. Musical interests wide but classic rock and blues favorite, enjoy upbeat country as well as folk and acoustic campfire and kitchen jamming with friends for enjoyment, sing a bit (at least good at learning lyrics, wife sings much better). Guitars, electrics, Rickenbacker Dakota (24 full frets of freedom:) and Hagstrom Viking and Tanglewood and Seagull acoustics, home recording using Cakewalk Sonar. Of the online lessons I've tried I find Guitar Tricks methods, variety, number of songs and frequency of new song content the best I've found to suite my needs (actually I've stopped looking since subscribing).

Cheers
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
10/21/2013 11:04 pm
Hey Jon,

Nice collection you've got there! It's good know we're doing something right, welcome to GT :)
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
10/21/2013 11:08 pm
Welcome!

Never heard of this before, very pretty!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/hagstrom-viking-semi-hollowbody-electric-guitar
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
RichardRose
RichardRose
10/27/2013 2:09 am
I am Richard from ca in southern ca and very much missing northern ca. Yes I am from the land of fruits and nuts but I certainly ain't one of them. LOL

I played music in school, for a time and sang. bad step-dad got in the way of me continuing at that time. Took me along time to come around to music again.

My old instrument was a trumpet silver when everyone else had gold and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Always wanted to learn guitar. But dread the relearning.

Richard Rocks
# 4
Neal Walter
Neal Walter
10/28/2013 8:59 pm
Hey Richard, I'm from Cali too, born and raised in the Bay Area, currently in Chatsworth. Can't say I miss the neighborhood I came from though. Love it in L.A.!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 5
Smokinj
Full Access
Smokinj
Full Access
10/28/2013 9:53 pm
Thanks Neal, keep the songs coming, Green Eyed Lady would nice one.
# 6
JullesM
JullesM
10/30/2013 3:08 am
Hi there, this is JullesM in the greater Seattle area. Signed up for Guitartricks to learn 'More than Words' by Extreme. Many lessons later, I am closing in on it. I have been playing hard since my last husband left about 3 years ago. I play a limited edition Epiphone with Elvis on it and I have an Epiphone Hummingbird that I keep tuned down for More than Words and a couple of other songs. I play lots of Beatles. I have about 5 good original songs. I finally got one on youtube. If you search for "The Cinderella Blues" by JullesM, you will find it. My best tune. Would love to find others in the Seattle area to play with. Not much so far. I did some recording in my son's studio this past summer. Hard work. Sounds pretty good. He's a master and an accomplished musician himself. He tours as William Control right now and he engineers cd's for bands all over the world. I have always wanted to be in a band but was too busy making a living. Enough about me. Tell me about yourselves. Like I said, I came for a specific song, but there is so much good stuff here, I am going to be a member for a long long time.
# 7
compart1
compart1
10/30/2013 4:39 pm
Hi JullesM.. Welcome to GuitarTricks.
I love your you tube post. Right at the end someone asked who wrote it.. I hope you get a few more originals for a CD..
Good luck and keep on pickin'
# 8
BobbeeBee
BobbeeBee
11/09/2013 8:20 pm
Hi all,
I am a newbie acoustic guitar student. Actually, I started about 3 months ago and recently found GT. It's a great site and has really gotten me motivated. I am probably the oldest beginner on the site as I am 75 yrs old so I really like the old country classics like the Everly Bros, Joan Biaz, Simon and Garfunkel etc. And the songs that were played at the Newport Jazz Festival which I attended in 60's. Actually, I am not totally new. I did a little strumming in my senior year in college. I will let you do the math to figure how long ago that was. As I read the forum I find the people on the site are super and it's nice to talk to people with the same interest...
# 9
fretsmith
fretsmith
12/03/2013 3:44 pm
Hi Julles- I checked out your utube thingy and I thot it was GREAT. I live about as far away as U can get from Seattle and still be in the US but if I were anywhere near you I would happily join you for a tune or two. Fun stuff.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.