One suggestion and one question

JJ90
JJ90
10/15/2013 1:15 pm
Hey GT staff,

As I have been a member for quite a while now I have one suggestion and one question regarding the website.

My suggestion is regarding the "home" page for full access members. From here I can easily jump to almost every lesson category and I can view the columns with "newest tutorials" and "popular tutorials."

I would like to see a column with "newest song tutorials." That way I can instantly see what new song tutorials are added without having to look in the songs page and going to the master list and sorting it to newest.

It would be way easier to see which new song tutorials have been added. Hope you guys will take it into consideration.

My question is regarding HD-streaming. Before I was a member here I watched the GT-channel episodes on Youtube and now I can view the GT-lessons on Youtube in HD-quality. Unfortunately the GT-website does not support HD-streaming yet.

Are there any plans on increasing the quality of streaming the video lessons to HD? It would be awesome to see everything crisp and clear when going to full screen, as I do a lot. I'm not asking this because I'm unsatisfied with the current quality.

JJ
# 1
compart1
compart1
10/15/2013 1:37 pm
Hey JJ..
Good Idea.
Do have in mind like a second banner with the songs links
popularity - title - difficulty - artist - style - newest - instructor
I think it would work for all members.
keep on pickin'
# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
10/15/2013 9:05 pm
Hi JJ90,

I'll definitely pass along your suggestion regarding our newest Song Lessons to the team. We are always looking for ways to improve the site and love getting feedback from our users.

As for the video quality, let me do a little investigating and get back to you.

Thanks,

James
GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3
JJ90
JJ90
10/30/2013 10:50 am
Hey James,

Thanks for your reply. It's great to see that you guys are always looking to improve the site.

It's been over two weeks now since you posted your reply. Do you have an answer now, regarding my question about the video quality?

Thanks,

JJ
# 4
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
11/04/2013 7:51 pm
Hi JJ,

I have noticed the quality difference between our HD video and the videos on YouTube, as you mentioned. We have HD source videos but the difference is in the delivery. It's a little bit trickier than one might imagine, so we're doing some testing on how we can continue to improve video quality. I'm sorry that I don't have a more definitive answer yet, but just know that we are working on giving you the best experience possible.

Best regards,

James
GT Admin
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.