Recommendations for Nylon String Guitar

JosieNurse
JosieNurse
09/26/2013 1:19 am
Hi Everyone.

Last year I started re-learning the guitar after a 30 year absence. Went out and bought myself a "high-end Martin" for inspiration. It is GREAT.

But ... I find myself missing the softer sounds of a nylon string guitar.

Can anyone recommend a decent (but not necessarily expensive/high end) guitar brand for nylon strings.

I don't especially want the wide classical neck, just an average quality acoustic, guitar set up with nylon strings.

Thanks
JosieNurse[FONT=Arial Black]JosieNurse[/FONT]JosieNurseJosieNurse
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
09/26/2013 7:27 am
I'd recommend starting with just a search on Sweetwater, type in "nylon guitars" and then switch the search list order to "highest to lowest price". That way you won't have to wade through tons of string sets to start seeing guitars. The first few you see will be crazy high prices, but after a page or so, they drop down to the realm of reality. You're right, most of the nylon string guitars have a pretty wide nut width, but there are some, like this Fender that have a narrower nut width. Once you get an idea of what's available, you'll really want to try one out first to see if you like the neck width. I know what you mean.... classical guitars can be quite a stretch for some chords!
# 2
maggior
maggior
09/26/2013 12:39 pm
Funny how things change. I remember when "starter" guitars were just small guitars with nylon strings. Now nylon string'ed guitars all seem to be classical.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.