View post (replacing a humbucker with a p-90)

View thread

pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
05/06/2002 5:19 am
Wow, don't usally see this kind of a swap, can't say it won't work, but it might not be pretty. I would advise that the "Soapbar" P-90, is probaly not the way to go, the soapbar is just a P-90 in a small rectangular plastic cover and the hole thats routed in your guitar for the humbucker is too wide and deep and this would be a major project to mount the soapbar, but an alternative you could try is to use the "Dog Ear" cover for the P-90, it's the larger cover that you see on Leslie West's LP Jr., it's a little wider and longer and it might bridge that humbucker cavity, you could order just the cover or maybe get the measurements off the web somewhere, and compare that to your guitar and see if it will work. Another alternative is a P-90 "voiced humbucker sized pick-up, I think Seymour Duncan makes one, might be worth a try? Let us know how it works out, and good luck

Appendix A, I went to http://www.seymourduncan.com
check out the Antiquity P-90's, they may sale an adapter type of mounting ring with their pick-up, email them and find out.........

[Edited by pstring on 05-06-2002 at 02:39 AM]