Greetings ;o)

OneLovely
OneLovely
08/22/2013 8:47 am
Hello!
I'm typically the quiet type when it comes to forums, mostly lurking and popping up here and there when I think I can give some insight - but I'd like to try to stick with the GT forums -
I think talking to others will help me keep my determination for learning.

I can play chords and haven't yet memorized all of the fretboard, but I am trying to learn every day now - I wonder about how much people spend practicing on a daily or weekly basis? How much of that is used with GTs?

Nice to meet you all and good luck <3 And to those who are already more advanced than I am I hope I don't bug you too much with questions haha
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
08/26/2013 9:25 pm
Hi, welcome!

I'd recommend getting a habit going, same time every day. Even 15 minutes can go a long way if you repeat every day, or every weekday.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
polkaman
polkaman
08/27/2013 2:14 am
Originally Posted by: OneLovelyHello!
I'm typically the quiet type when it comes to forums, mostly lurking and popping up here and there when I think I can give some insight - but I'd like to try to stick with the GT forums -
I think talking to others will help me keep my determination for learning.

I can play chords and haven't yet memorized all of the fretboard, but I am trying to learn every day now - I wonder about how much people spend practicing on a daily or weekly basis? How much of that is used with GTs?

Nice to meet you all and good luck <3 And to those who are already more advanced than I am I hope I don't bug you too much with questions haha

Hi Jon,
It's the old "if you don't ask the question, you'll never learn". I just joined GT and the forum, and so far it looks like there is a wealth of info. I am a keyboard player, but "faked" enough guitar to get by for 40 years and then retired from music. (Took up flying).

I'm back into music big time, but now I want to learn how to play the guitar correctly. I'm practicing 4 hrs/day and so far I'm impressed with GT, plus other lesson books. (Real paper..)

Good luck and you and I can both bug and learn from others.

Wally G
# 3
OneLovely
OneLovely
08/28/2013 8:58 pm
Originally Posted by: Jon BroderickHi, welcome!

I'd recommend getting a habit going, same time every day. Even 15 minutes can go a long way if you repeat every day, or every weekday.

Jon

Thanks! I'm trying to get the habit. I haven't decided the best time for me to practice, as I work at home it can be difficult to schedule things (between getting distracted during work time or free time by the other!)
I've been keeping the guitar close to my desk so that I pick it up whenever my hands are free. I guess when one practices for 15 minutes it feels like its too short to do any good, but I'm trying to be positive everytime I pick up the instruments. Thanks for your recommendation, I will choose a time shortly to repeat everyday!
# 4
OneLovely
OneLovely
08/28/2013 9:00 pm
I'm back into music big time, but now I want to learn how to play the guitar correctly. I'm practicing 4 hrs/day and so far I'm impressed with GT, plus other lesson books. (Real paper..)

Good luck and you and I can both bug and learn from others.

Wally G[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean, my father has always played guitar and I was doing vocals in a band with my friends for awhile - the guitar was always nearby, as was the keyboard so I dabbled a little here and there so I could practice singing on my own too, this time around I'd like to master the instrument. Good luck :) I know we'll do it !
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.