View post (3 Months In...)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
05/30/2013 8:04 pm
Originally Posted by: JJ90My dog was terrified the first time I played my guitar. It pressed its snout against my strumming hand just to make the "horror" stop. But after a while he didn't even bother anymore. Perhaps he first thought that it was some kind of torture machine but now he is totally relaxed when I play guitar around him.

He's even immune to power chords, so maybe if you keep at it he will get used to it (MAYBE, because I'm not a dog expert lol).

Anyway congratulations on achieving this much. Learning guitar keeps being addictive if you always have the right new stuff to learn, no matter what level guitar player you are.

JJ

Funny. In the beginning, when I first started playing guitar, one of my dogs would run away to a "safe place", while the other would bark at my amp, in hopes that the noises would stop. He even once ripped the extender cord out of the power outlet while I was playing. Now they both seem to find it just as nice and relaxing as I do when I play, even with heavy distortion which would previously make them panic. So I suppose that all dogs are scared of guitars until they learn what it is... I would never give up either my dogs or guitars, though. As it would happen, I get some of the most massive bursts of motivation and inspiration I've ever had while I'm taking them for long walks (quite annoying, actually since I don't have a guitar nearby at those times).

To ThorfinnFrisken, congrats on the massive amount of progress. I think in the half year I've been using GT, I've accomplished about the same, except for the music room in basement part. But I have considered building myself a complete stage when I get the economy to move to a location that allows for such. It would most likely do wonders for my motivation (then again, simply standing on some cargo-pallets makes my motivation sky-rocket, thanks to the power of imagination). I need the extra space anyway.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...