Wow! what a response!

guitar99
guitar99
04/28/2002 12:03 am
Thanks for the warm welcome. Let's see if I can Address all the questions in order. No, I have not worked with Ken Andrews. I am 26 years old. (I probably fart dust compared to some of you other whipper-snappers!) I got bummed because the scene up and croaked on me, the venues got slim, and the bull crap factor skyrockets higer all the time. A gigging musician spends so much time on the road they don't have time to hone some of the important skills that are looked over. To name a few multitracking, writing, writing, writing. Remember folks it's not how fast you play, it's what you play and how it's executed. If a three chord solo is what it takes to get the job done, so be it. If any of you fine folks get the chance to work under a producer or are hired by an already established act YOU DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO. It sucks I know. Which reminds me of a humurous saying I heard once... If you like your producer they're not doing their job. Well enough preaching. I do specifically play guitar I can just do other things as well. I program drums for the basic tracks then hire a drummer if needed. I play enough bass to get me by. I envy the keyboard players, I could'nt play keys if my life depended on it. Everything's backwards you weirdos :-) And to whomever said it theory and ear training are the keys!
# 1
yukonc5
yukonc5
04/28/2002 12:15 am
I play just as a hobby but I envy keyboard players also. I broke down and bought one a few years back and tried to learn to play it. It didn't take long and I found myself running back to my guitar. :D
Grog go now! Make noise!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.