View post (15 years Guitar Tricks! What's your favorite memory?)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
05/29/2013 12:54 am
Originally Posted by: Joseph KimbrellIt's pretty amazing the quality of on-line training now for instruments. The only setback I'd say is that you really need to be able to kick yourself in the butt to make yourself practice rather than having a teacher ram it down your throat :)

Truth!

I'd have to say my favourite memory was just signing up. It kind of made a commitment for me.

I put the guitar down decades ago, and picked up for a few frustrating hours once or twice during that time. (If anyone knows what it's like remembering what you could do and can't, anymore, you know what mean.)

So, one day I did it on a whim, trying to get constructive with my time... I dove into it for the first year, did the core lessons and different genres after that. Money was tight, but bought the next subscription as kind of a present for myself and kept going.

I definitely have not 'kicked my own butt' enough to get all I should, but I keep coming back because I keep learning... 4 or 5 years, not even sure how many now.

I find GT and it's instructors have a sincere willingness to pass on knowledge. I probably would have shoved my old acoustic back in the closet after a few weeks or months if not for GT. Now I've got a herd of amps and pedals and gits and am always dumping more money out on more...

Um... Thanks GT? ;)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.