Hi to ALL!!!

ShortBtwnHdset
ShortBtwnHdset
05/04/2013 5:08 am
Hi all!
Just found this forum, and thought I would introduce myself. I'm Rob, a fifty year old who's just getting back into playing after a 15 year hiatus. Broke my index finger on my fretting hand, didn't heal right, so gave up the guitar for a number of years. I used to be a luthier 25+ years ago.

Just starting to gear up again, and getting serious about learning guitar. I'm having to really concentrate on technique, as my pointing finger on my fretting hand doesn't bend at the second joint. I love Old Time R&R, currently rediscovering Dire straits, Zepplin, and Bruce Cockburn, but am open to most musical styles.

I have a Seagull acoustic that plays nicely, and two Ibanez electrics, a GIO strat copy for kicking around and an S-470 DQXM quilted top about to get a fret level and dress. Using a Egnator Tweaker 15 amp, just got my first three pedals, a Hughes and Kettner TubeMan I'm using for channel switching & distortion, a Boss DD-20 delay and a Danelectro Tuna Melt tremolo/vibrato.

I know it's not all about the gear, but we all have to start somewhere. I'm taking lessons locally, and may very well opt for full membership at GT, but am right now trying out the site to see what I think.

Current song I'm obsessed with is Down to the Waterline by Dire Straits, picking it up slowly but it could be a while before I get the feel. Love the way Mark Knofler phrases and flows!!! Anyway, hi to all!!!
# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
05/04/2013 7:26 am
Hey Rob,

Nice to meet you here. That's a tasty amp collection, I'll bet you get some pretty awesome tones out of those things!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
ShortBtwnHdset
ShortBtwnHdset
05/04/2013 7:44 am
Hi Neal!

I like the Egnator, but have five room mates, so I had to make a headphone box to pipe it to! I've got a long way to go, have only been playing 9 months since my long break from guitar. Thanks for the welcome!!!
# 3
Stringybark
Stringybark
05/04/2013 10:11 pm
Welcome!

A 15 year hiatus is better than never having played before. It will all come back to you in short order.

I love this site. The teaching approach is excellent. I have had face to face teachers for other instruments, and they were all over the place with no obvious direction from week to week, which I hated. I need a road map. GT does that and so I'll never go back to a real live teacher again. They would have to be utterly brilliant to motivate me to return.

Since you already have guitar experience, this should be a really quick start site for you. Enjoy!
The accidental guitarist.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.