A rock ballad I wrote and recorded

valentinbk
valentinbk
02/03/2013 6:32 pm
Hey guys, wanted to share with you my latest demo- a rock ballad I was working on for a while. Recorded all instruments for it except for the drums that I wrote in guitar pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnsiSnG5imk

Will really appreciate your feedback!
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
02/05/2013 8:09 pm
Its a really good effort, and you should continue making music for sure. For me though, it started out really well... I wasn't super keen on the main guitar tone.. it sounded so over-saturated it was almost like a synthesizer, and really, if that was the sound you were going for, then you nailed it, and its just my opinion, so no worries there. The lead guitar was a little too loud at times, didn't seem to blend as well as could of.

At the 1min mark, for me, everything just went haywire. Too many busy parts, and it really sounded like the instruments were working against each other, rather than supporting each other. It kind of drops back down a bit, getting a little mellower around 1:30, but then at 2min its back to chaos.

Listening to the opening of the song, I think you really have something there. I don't know if you'll understand what I mean, but I think you have to be "true" to that opening... be courageous; its obvious you can play, but make a statement with that solo rather than just throwing a whole lot of busy work in there. I think you've got a great solo inside you waiting to come out, but you need to let go of proving that your a flashy guitarist and just play more from the heart, like you did a the beginning of the song.

Just my 2 cents... if you're happy with it, that's all that matters!
# 2
caponi14
caponi14
02/05/2013 11:26 pm
The clean and dirty guitars aint working together. and yes. at 1:00 Haywire..
# 3
valentinbk
valentinbk
02/06/2013 5:14 pm
Originally Posted by: Slipin LizardIts a really good effort, and you should continue making music for sure. For me though, it started out really well... I wasn't super keen on the main guitar tone.. it sounded so over-saturated it was almost like a synthesizer, and really, if that was the sound you were going for, then you nailed it, and its just my opinion, so no worries there. The lead guitar was a little too loud at times, didn't seem to blend as well as could of.

At the 1min mark, for me, everything just went haywire. Too many busy parts, and it really sounded like the instruments were working against each other, rather than supporting each other. It kind of drops back down a bit, getting a little mellower around 1:30, but then at 2min its back to chaos.

Listening to the opening of the song, I think you really have something there. I don't know if you'll understand what I mean, but I think you have to be "true" to that opening... be courageous; its obvious you can play, but make a statement with that solo rather than just throwing a whole lot of busy work in there. I think you've got a great solo inside you waiting to come out, but you need to let go of proving that your a flashy guitarist and just play more from the heart, like you did a the beginning of the song.

Just my 2 cents... if you're happy with it, that's all that matters!

Well I think most of it is just a matter of taste, you did however made me want to make a longer solo w\more emphasis on feel on my next song.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.