SOLVED: Want to play along silently with lessons - what audio interface is best?

Voodoods
Full Access
Voodoods
Full Access
01/23/2013 2:49 pm
This site is great- my only issue is that I tend to hop on when everyone is off to bed - and having my amp running isn't going to happen.

So I'm looking for a way to run audio from my guitar and the lessons through one set of headphones to play along without any latency. It seems to be a challenge to do this.

Does anyone else do this and if so how? Are you using something like a Line6 Guitar port or similar device? Someone said you could run the amp and the PC both to a little Berhinger mixer and plug phones into that. I'm not sure what the best/cost effective way is to play live (with little/no latency) along with all of these cool lessons.

========================================================
SOLVED- this may not be the solution for everyone, but it works for me-

I have a Peavy Vypyr Tube 60 amp. It has an 1/8 inch aux cable input for plugging in an audio source. Typically this is used for MP3 players, to play along with.

So I took a 1/8" cable and plugged on end into my amp (along with my heaphones in the headphone jack) and the other end of the audio cable into my headphone jack on my PC.

I now hear the audio from my PC (i.e. the lessons here) and the sweet sweet tones from my amp (which sound surprisingly good through the headphones).

0.00 spent and mission accomplished.
# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
01/23/2013 3:46 pm
Rock on man! Glad you figured out an easy cheap solution.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.