Feedback

Shostakovich
Shostakovich
12/09/2012 9:47 pm
My account says I have been a member since 18/12/07. Guitartricks.com is a great site and I thoroughly enjoy it when I get the time. I have never however, been part of any research on my views on the current experience nor improvement.

After many hours on the guitartricks.com I have a number of observations, views and ideas on improvements. I recognise that some of the suggested ideas are fraught with copyright law of which I know nothing and leave to you to sort out!

1. The title – guitartricks - of the site does not do it justice as it implies a short cut or even “sticking-plaster-job” on the achievement of your end playing goal –probably too late now

2. I find some of the ‘difficulty levels’ not accurate. Some 4-guitar levels seem to be pretty easy but I suspect that is just a personal view.

3. I am surprised that the link to the GT-Channel is hidden at the foot of the home page as there is a wealth of tips, advice and instruction in the numerous snap-shot lessons going back to 2009. This deserves a ‘button’ all of its own. I recently spent an afternoon just trawling through some of the old lessons.

4. Additional Artist Studies? Peter Green, Pete Townshend, Mark Knopfler, Matt Bellamy and John Renbourn. A blues legend whose output is limited due to ill health; a classic song writer who made rhythm guitar his own; a master of finger-picking-rock; an aural painter of sonic-landscapes and an acoustic guitarist who mixes folk, blues and mediaeval renaissance.

5. New Songs?: Anything from the above. Ted Nugent Great White Buffalo

6. MP3 download: Whether a Jam Track – which I have seen is not easy as they ‘loop’ where as MP3 cannot – or Jam Along (backing tracks) downloading MP3 would be great for practice on an amp via iPod rather than with a computer with dodgy speakers.

7. Guitar Pro 6: I would rather a file could be downloaded to GP6 than in a pdf format. It is easier to store, print and search.

8. Length of videos often very short. I sometimes do not understand why some of the videos have been edited so short. It’s not great for the user-experience. As a side-note having an intro’ riff or section like a TV programme for e-v-e-r-y lesson in a series can also be tiresome.

9. Techniques - Dropped tunings: I have never really got into these – which I know is my loss – I have always felt that everything I have learned re – theory/chords/scales/modes would have to be relearned; a bit like starting all over again…oh gaaawd! While I know there are songs that feature dropped tunings I think that a techniques lesson or similar would be of benefit; of how to approach starting all over again.

10. Rhythm/Timing: Of course, all of the lessons focus on rhythm to a degree however, I thought a lesson/s on different time signatures and how to approach them along with strumming patterns (already addressed in some of the acoustic lessons) would be an excellent addition.

11. Piano Pretty much all of the Jam-Along and Play-Along tracks are guitar supporting guitar with drums and bass; no doubt there are a few songs that have piano as well. A good stretch learning/experience would be Jam-Along with piano.

That’s all for now. None of the above detracts from how much I enjoy the site currently.

Cheers

Shostakovich (Matthew)
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
12/10/2012 6:10 pm
Thanks Matthew!

I really appreciate you taking the time to write all that out. :)

We'll keep working on it.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.