Still Got The Blues - Outro Solo

wolbai
wolbai
10/13/2012 2:51 pm
This song chases me since years. I always felt that the song was too complicated to me and I thought of it as something sacramental I was afraid to desecrate.

Gary Moore IS one of my unattainable teachers in mind. And this song is indeed a challenge for every guitar player. The vibrato and bending technique of him is very advanced. Any slighty wrong bending is penalized immediatelly with bad sounding in this song :-(

I am playing the Outro-Solo around 85% compared to the orginal take. I watched Gary Moore on Youtube. He never played the song exactly the same. I think therefore it is okay to play some parts in "the style of him".

Old shool guitar playing is asked: using the PU-knob and the guitar volume knob is important.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11953068&q=hi&newref=1

EDIT: I recently did a new recording with a Soldano Amp-Model. Playing is better and the amp is even more appropriate for that Solo.

Any feedback and experiences with a song like this is welcome.

wolbai.
# 1
caponi14
caponi14
10/27/2012 9:49 pm
Hey dude! The noteselection is great. However you should practice your bending and vibrato. Otherwise great :)
# 2
wolbai
wolbai
11/06/2012 7:21 pm
I don't think that I have to work more than any other decent player on my bending and vibrato.

But instead I had to work on the setup of my guitar:

After the recording, I have realized with this new guitar - I haven't played that much up to now - that the fret height (1,4 mm) is too high for my playing style.

I am one of these player who have a fairly strong pressure in their fingers. With Jumbo frets like mine, this can lead into sharp-notes.

After redressing the frets with my luthier from 1,4 mm to 1,1mm which my others guitars are equiped with, the #-intonation have - at least to my ears - noticably reduced.

Yes, there are still some bending errors, because I am still practicing that song. Here is the new recording I recently did:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11980656&q=hi&newref=1

Enjoy listening :-)

wolbai
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.