Hey Guys Need Some Advice On What To Get

dixxxiehaze
dixxxiehaze
09/09/2012 8:13 pm
hey about to go out and purchase either an amp or a floor board

and i know there will most likely be an uproar of how digital amps are the devil in all honesty i know you cant beat a all valve amp but i am just learning and want the flexibility of diferent amps and sounds and effects to really build on my development

so heres the question

first of all mult effect floor boards such as line 6 x3 live,line 6 hd 300,400,500,zoom g5 and mustang floor has anyone had any experience and if so what is the best i am looking at live playability aswell not just for getting a good tone after hours of tweaking

also how will they sound through a smaller amp 20 watt

and next question is for a amp which one would you guys advise on getting

its a toss up between
fender g dec 3 30
fender mustang 3
line 6 spider jam
line 6 spider 4
peavey vyper valve 60

(or any other ones you guys recomend)

i like the idea of the spider jam and the g dec due to backing tracks e.t.c as i dont currently play live so dont have the luxuary of having a full band to play with)

and on the back of that would i just be a better option getting a floor board and leaving the amp seeing as its either just for bedroom or live(which i can just plug into pa)

any help apreciated or any recomendations

thanks

kyle
# 1
haghj500
haghj500
09/09/2012 11:24 pm
I've had a spider jam for about 1 year. I love it and the fast settings to get almost any tone you want. For a beginner it has to be one of the best amps out there.

I'm 51 and grew up on tube amps, but for just practicing even getting load, I don't hear a lot of difference. The modeling is so close and you do not have to turn it up to get the great sound from it.

The recording feature of the Jam opens may doors. Even just recording your self and listening back. You can also plug in a MP3 and jam along with it.
You can plug in second guitar/bass/piano/Mic at the same time your guitar is plugged in. So a friend can stop by with just his/her guitar plug in and you both can Jam through it.

It has a head phone out you can use with head phones or plug directly into a recording device......... I could go on.

The other amps are great also, but I don't think they will help you advance in learning nearly as fast as the Jam.
# 2
13Jason13
13Jason13
12/09/2012 5:01 am
I love Fender Amps! The new Combo amps can do alot with a little money.
# 3
dmpljim
dmpljim
12/21/2012 4:34 am
I have a Line 6 Spider lll, 75 watt x 2 channel head going into a 4 x 12" Celestion modeling speakers, which happen to be the most expensive ones they make and the sound is outrageous in Stereo! I bought this back around 2005 and it has not moved from it's original position, thus it is still functioning as new, imho!
I turn it maybe to the 10'oclock position and it is quite loud, but not enough to feedback unless directly in front of it.

I also use a Rocktron Vendetta 4 channel 100 watt EL34 power tube x 5 12ax7 JJ Tesla preamp tubes amp head into a 4 x 12 Vintage 30's and Heritage 30's in an "X" pattern which gives it a "3-D throw" with an A/B box so I may run both amps at the same time and what a sound!!! I am 55 now and Retired, so I only play at home for My enjoyment with Friends and been playing since 1968, so it's been a Journey!
# 4
digitblisters
digitblisters
12/23/2012 9:50 pm
Since you posted this in September I'm guessing you already bought something. But for what its worth. I would recommend you pick up a Line 6 XT Live. It's a floor based Modeler that has an Aux input for Jamming along. Headphone out for bedroom play and outputs for any type of amp or PA system you would connect to to jam with your friends. Because its floor based and connects to just about anything you can grab it and play just about anywhere and in any situation. It also has USB connectivity for direct recording and you can buy additional amp packs from Line 6 if you wanted. Best of all you can pick one up used for about $150.
I got Blistas on my Fingas!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.