View post ("Hypnosis, meditation, and God.")

View thread

Gulder
Gulder
04/09/2002 3:47 pm
Originally posted by chris mood
People who believe in reincarnation often go under hypnosis to find out about past lives.
I've read some amazing things about people talking about names and dates of people who lived who they could have never of known about, but when researched the person the subject was talking about actually existed.

I've seen some things like that too (on television ofcourse :) A people who live somewhere in the balkan or so. They believed every newborn in their village(well, not every, but alot) was a 'reincarnation' of some one in their country. So they interviewed this little boy of age 6, maybe 7 who said he was the reincarnation of a famous local footballplayer. See where I'm going to ? The family of the little boy was very poor (speaks almost for itself) and the famous footbalplayer was like maybe the richest local guy and unfortunately killed by a lost bullet. The family of the died footballplayer thinks that he is really inside this little boy so they gave them money, a nice home, etc. etc. All the information the boy gave (they did a little examination) was superficiel and almost impossible to check if it was really true.

See where this 'reincarnation' thing is going to ? It's just (according to me) a fairytale, but since everybody does it in that town it's 'common' that a boy or girl from a poor family is a reincarnation of a rich person. It's just their ticket out of the stinking hellhole they're in.

How to explain that the people told the truth when they were under hypnosis ? Well, if you are learned from the beginning of your life you're the reincarnation of a particular person that died you will accept is as the truth. Under hypnosis they only say what is taught to them and thought of to be true (to them). They only say (in the most cases) some superficiel information that is easy to look up (like name of your mother/father, place of living, etc.) Well, that's my theory :) You might think different, but in the meanwhile I had my pleasure :)

(I know, completely off-topic, just wanted to comment on that :) )