View post ("Hypnosis, meditation, and God.")

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
04/08/2002 3:56 pm
Hi guys, as musicians, we're also humanbeings, (although we forget sometimes) and everything is connected at one way or another. So being that this is a free discussion board, I've let my curiosity get the best of me.

A lot of people choose not to believe in hypnosis, meditation, or even God for that matter. For some, they feel it's merely a hoax that people fall for. Yet, why do many others think differently? Does that make them crazy, being that they choose to search beyond the realms of what's right in front of their noses. Well, yes and no!

I guess it all depends on how you look at it, and if these people choose to believe for all of the right reasons. So what are the right reasons? And do they actually exist? This is something that we will deal with, and simply question for the rest of our lives. And for those of us who refuse to search beyond what's obvious, and what seems real, well chances are that you have let some of the greatest opportunities already slip through your fingers.

It seems like most people are not aware that hypnosis does have the National Institute of Health's approval as an alternative health care. However, more to the point, we believe in dogmas; we experience truths. To suggest I "believe" in hypnosis as we sometimes put it, would be to elevate it to a kind of faith. Just like when it comes to prayer, and meditation, a lot of people search for healing benefits of hypnosis. For a lot of people it falls into the category of one of the healing arts. However, perhaps it's just a way to escape all of the pain that they continuously refuse to deal with. Well, to be honest, I don't know, nor do I feel the need to change or challenge your belief systems.

However, with hypnosis, I can't say I truly understand it's effects, because I've never been put under the spell. However, that doesn't mean that I certainly refuse to understand, but for anyone who's not familiar with such an art, it's sure going to be difficult. So, the question is, do you believe?

Spending time with an eccentric neighbor, like I have, you're bound to come up with many crazy ideas as to what life is all about, or where you feel you just might stand in the next year or so. We question if we'll be pulling our hair out, or if we'll even have any hair to pull out, heh. It's crazy world, no doubt. But tell me, do you believe in the healing benefits of hypnosis? Do you believe it can cure insomnia, and help us find our way to a high level of spirituality?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."