When your hand grows a brain

mrcrowley
mrcrowley
04/08/2002 12:30 pm
When you guys are tremolo picking, have you ever looked at your hand and felt that it wasn't even connected to your body because it's going so fast?

While tremolo picking, have you ever looked down at your hand and felt that it had a mind of its own, and that it's out of your control?

It happens to me, and it's weird.
Education is a whip, and I'm being flogged.
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
04/08/2002 12:46 pm
Heh, I think my hand has a mind of its own because of how damn slowly it goes. I know what you mean though. Sometimes it happens when I am mindlessly playing a tune with some tough stuff in it, and I'm not even paying attention, but my hand just goes where it should. I look donw and think, ****, that hand makes me look as if I know what I am doing!
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2
mrcrowley
mrcrowley
04/08/2002 12:53 pm
You bring up a good point, Bardsley. Many times I'll be absentmindedly playing a tune perfectly, mostly because I'm not conciously thinking about it. But as soon as I become aware of what I'm doing, BANG! I screw up.

Come to think of it, this actually happens a lot. I'm going to lobotomize myself, so I'll never conciously play the guitar, so I'll never screw up. Boy, then I'll be famous.
Education is a whip, and I'm being flogged.
# 3
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
04/08/2002 2:16 pm
lol... I know what your saying...
About the tremlo picking, your not telling you handing to move each time, just telling it to "vibrate"... I love the sound and has loads of uses, but i find i get something similar to tennis elbow if do it too much..
About screwing something up when you think about it, there are some fast simple riffs, that it you think about you screw up... it just kinda becomes a function with out thinking about.. kinda like walking up stairs, you can do it with out thinking, if you start to really analyse what your doing it feels really odd.. and you start to walk really awkward...
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.