Hotel California + 1 Guitar player in Band ...

wolbai
wolbai
05/05/2012 6:26 pm
... can be a quite challenging adventure.

We recently started to play Hotel California in our Band. As I am the only guitar player in the Band, this initially has caused quite a headache to me.

After some discussions with my Keyboarder, we found a working reconciliation of the never ending guitar tracks in that song. And they are awesome! As most parts are signature, I have tried to be very close to the original, with the exceptation of some Acoustic parts. These parts I have played more or less close :-(

On the following playback (Vocals, Bass, Drums) I recorded all guitar tracks I am playing in my band (with the exception of the reggae rhytmn and the acoustic parts starting with the 2. verse - this is done by the keyboarder in our Band).

I am used to do recordings for exercising songs I am playing in my Band. Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11620039&q=hi&newref=1

All the best, wolbai
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
05/05/2012 9:51 pm
Ya going to 1 guitar from like..... the 50 that there seem to be in the track is a challenge.

I'll give the song a listen when I have a little more time and let you know what I think.
# 2
hunter1801
hunter1801
05/07/2012 6:07 pm
Gave it a listen and I liked it! The guitar parts do sound slightly different, but in a way that keeps the song both fresh/new and old/nostalgic at the same time. Nice solo too.

I liked the reggae vibe as well.
# 3
wolbai
wolbai
05/07/2012 6:40 pm
Hi hunter1801,

thank you that you take the time to listen to my recording and that you like it!

I had a free rehearsal weekend with my Band - so I did the recording :-)

As we are a Retro Band, it is important to me that I capture some vintage sounds of my favourite Bands I loved to hear and play when I was a young guy.

The Marshall Plexi Lead Guitar Amp Model and the two guitar Models I used (Fender Strat and Gibson ES335) fits good I think.

The Reagae part is very important in that song, although it is not that dominant in the overall mix.

With the Solo part I really spend some hours to get it done. It doesn't sound that complicated initially. But once you are diving in, you realize some real challenging bendings and vibrato techniques which are awesome up to date.

This song is truely a master piece for all guitarists to me.

All the best, wolbai.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.