Long Train Running + Listen To The Music with my Band JUMP!

wolbai
wolbai
04/20/2012 8:14 pm
Hi Tom,

a big thank you to your songs lessons on Long Train Running and Listen To The Music!

I am a Cover Rock Musician (Old Rocker) which starts to play again in his old days :-)

The Doobie Brothers were one of my favourite bands in the 70s where I started to stay on stage. But I quit making music somewhere in the late 80s.

As time goes by, the fever got back and I setup a new band mid last year. We are all Old Rockers and try to celebrate our songs out of the 70s and 80s as best we can. Two of them are from The Doobie Brothers which you give me some real help to bring it down the road.

To let you participate what your lessons can cause, please listen to recordings we did in our rehearsal room with limited recording equipment in one take (no post recording).

I know that the background vocals are not always in tune, but it grooves -at least for me:

Long Train Running - on this song I did a special arrangement:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11551800&q=hi&newref=1

Listen To The Music:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11551760&q=hi&newref=1

I like your lessons

Big thanks and greetings from Germany
wolbai
# 1
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Tom Finch
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/22/2012 9:08 pm
Hey there, thanks for sharing your rehearsal recordings. You guys sound great, especially for a live recording! I like what you did with Long Train Runnin'. My band did a special arrangement of Listen to the music; I think it's cool to give these old classic songs new and fun twists!
I am happy to hear that you are making music a part of your life again and that my lessons are helping in that process. Music is my drug of choice and I don't know what I would do with out it! Keep it up...

Cheers, Tom

P.S. I will be playing in Germany with Big Brother and the Holding Company in the beginning of June. Perhaps we could meet!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.