Occupy The Nation (rock)

brzoza21
brzoza21
03/02/2012 2:50 am
Hi,

One month ago, I posted my new punkish/rock instrumental song and the same day I did that, a vocalist wrote to me, that he wants to sing on it. So here is what we've done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIyfAs8z1VQ

I hope that production is not too bad, I've never mixed a vocal with a song before, and generally it's my first collaboration after one year and two months of looking someone, with whom I could record some song :)

Cheers :)
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
03/03/2012 2:43 am
Its the production that's lacking.. mainly just absent. The good news is that all the elements are there... it sounds like the meter is nice and tight and the musicianship is there... more importantly, so are the ideas.... from the sounds of it, you wrote an instrumental and then the vocalist put lyrics to it... that can be a little tough for him to get the right flow going, but seems like he did a good job. So you guys might want to take it to the next level now, work with a real producer who can give your music that next dimension with a good, solid mix. It would make a world of difference, as would collaborating in the writing process with the vocalist. Don't know where you recorded it, but going into a real studio with a band to record is lots of fun, and while it used to be very expensive, there are lots of reasonably priced facilities out there now. You'd have a great time... and who know's where it might lead? Keep at it!
# 2
brzoza21
brzoza21
03/03/2012 3:04 pm
Originally Posted by: Slipin LizardIts the production that's lacking.. mainly just absent. The good news is that all the elements are there... it sounds like the meter is nice and tight and the musicianship is there... more importantly, so are the ideas.... from the sounds of it, you wrote an instrumental and then the vocalist put lyrics to it... that can be a little tough for him to get the right flow going, but seems like he did a good job. So you guys might want to take it to the next level now, work with a real producer who can give your music that next dimension with a good, solid mix. It would make a world of difference, as would collaborating in the writing process with the vocalist. Don't know where you recorded it, but going into a real studio with a band to record is lots of fun, and while it used to be very expensive, there are lots of reasonably priced facilities out there now. You'd have a great time... and who know's where it might lead? Keep at it!

Thank you :) Well I know it's not professionally produced, but it's acceptable considering my equipment. Only vocals are recorded good, because the vocalist has better stuff at home. I'm also aware that there are a lot of many good facilities where we could record that for reasonable price, but as I live in Europe, to be more accurate in Poland, and the vocalist lives is USA, it would be hard to record it normally, so we did that recording through the Internet.

Unless we'd record that separately at some good studios and then give it to someone to put it all together, it won't happen, because we never gonna meet each other in real life. Thanks once again :)
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.