Need some constructive criticism

greg65
greg65
05/03/2012 6:48 pm
I'd liked it alot, i can tell you put alot of feeling in it,we are always our own worse critics and it took guts to post i don't think i'd ever be brave enough to do it myself,sounded great bud hope to hear more from you :D
# 1
waylar
Full Access
waylar
Full Access
05/07/2012 4:36 am
Originally Posted by: greg65I'd liked it alot, i can tell you put alot of feeling in it,we are always our own worse critics and it took guts to post i don't think i'd ever be brave enough to do it myself,sounded great bud hope to hear more from you :D

Thanks alot Greg, it's a little nerve racking posting when you didn't spend alot of time on the recording or song.
I need recording gear now since I had to get rid of the last.
You should try and post something, the feedback so far is always positive and constructive.
Thanks again,
Ron
Ron Wayland
# 2
waylar
Full Access
waylar
Full Access
05/26/2012 3:37 am
[QUOTE=waylar]Thanks alot Greg, it's a little nerve racking posting when you didn't spend alot of time on the recording or song.
I need recording gear now since I had to get rid of the last.
You should try and post something, the feedback so far is always positive and constructive.
Thanks again,
Ron[/QUOTE
Ron Wayland
# 3
outwatgl
outwatgl
06/02/2012 3:27 am
Man you've got the chops! :cool:

From my perspective, you could get more mileage from this tune if you simplify things. I could make three songs out the material you put together. Overall, the work is predictable . . . not something most musicians really want.

While endless leads are amazing feats on their own, try inserting a few rhythmic bursts to add some power to your passages. I say this because it will help keep an average listener's attention to your performance. Also, open up the dynamic range more; to increase the emotional flow for the listener.

Don't take this too hard, I can dish out the criticism; but would struggle to keep up with you.

Keep going.

Gary O.
# 4
waylar
Full Access
waylar
Full Access
06/02/2012 5:01 am
Originally Posted by: outwatglMan you've got the chops! :cool:

From my perspective, you could get more mileage from this tune if you simplify things. I could make three songs out the material you put together. Overall, the work is predictable . . . not something most musicians really want.

While endless leads are amazing feats on their own, try inserting a few rhythmic bursts to add some power to your passages. I say this because it will help keep an average listener's attention to your performance. Also, open up the dynamic range more; to increase the emotional flow for the listener.

Don't take this too hard, I can dish out the criticism; but would struggle to keep up with you.

Keep going.

Gary O.
Thank you, I asked for constructive criticism and you gave it to me. I appreciate your input outwatgl. Could you say a bit more about rhythmic bursts and opening up the dynamic range? This is all very new to me.

I wanted to gauge my playing with this recording that came before I joined GT or any formal training accept a High School class years ago. Just years of playing but not knowing anything about song writing or anything else musically for that matter, learning a lot here.

Thanks again :)
waylar
Ron Wayland
# 5
waylar
Full Access
waylar
Full Access
06/21/2012 9:50 pm
How can I have 1,420 listens today, who are you people? unexpected and thanks. I'm working on a revised version.
Ron Wayland
# 6
Curtis Bell
Curtis Bell
04/25/2013 10:57 pm
Constructively, I just think the kick drum has too much attack, so roll off the high and volume a bit and bring dat screaming guitar closer please.
# 7
terrawatt
terrawatt
05/17/2013 2:22 am
Originally Posted by: waylarCan you give me some feedback on my guitar playing, thanks everyone. Jeeze I hope I got this right this time, hahaha....

Wow sounds real good, I am not in your league, but It is very good...
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.