View post (Need some constructive criticism)

View thread

waylar
Full Access
waylar
Full Access
06/02/2012 5:01 am
Originally Posted by: outwatglMan you've got the chops! :cool:

From my perspective, you could get more mileage from this tune if you simplify things. I could make three songs out the material you put together. Overall, the work is predictable . . . not something most musicians really want.

While endless leads are amazing feats on their own, try inserting a few rhythmic bursts to add some power to your passages. I say this because it will help keep an average listener's attention to your performance. Also, open up the dynamic range more; to increase the emotional flow for the listener.

Don't take this too hard, I can dish out the criticism; but would struggle to keep up with you.

Keep going.

Gary O.
Thank you, I asked for constructive criticism and you gave it to me. I appreciate your input outwatgl. Could you say a bit more about rhythmic bursts and opening up the dynamic range? This is all very new to me.

I wanted to gauge my playing with this recording that came before I joined GT or any formal training accept a High School class years ago. Just years of playing but not knowing anything about song writing or anything else musically for that matter, learning a lot here.

Thanks again :)
waylar
Ron Wayland