Beginners Amp 4 Bedroom Guitarists..

Drake the Red
Full Access
Drake the Red
Full Access
01/09/2012 6:46 pm

redacted

edited

Am I the only one who plays multiple instruments? Let's be inspirational and find our muses everyday!

# 1
Chayakorn
Chayakorn
01/10/2012 11:08 am
Thanks for sharing, and another brand that I found it very great for bedroom practicing is the Cube amp series by Roland too. ;)
# 2
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
01/11/2012 12:53 am
Originally Posted by: axeman81
Wow, that sounds really gr8, click the audio tab after visiting the website above.

I can imagine how epic the output is when owning one. ;)

Not so sure... I've owned a fair number of amps in my time... the Jazz Chorus preset sounds pretty thin (I have a real Jazz Chorus amp)... modeling amps are great for their versatility, but from my experiences the "models" never hold up in the flesh when faced with the real thing. I also have a Laney Lionheart 5watt, which is a beautiful sounding amp, at least to my ears, but also its has a very distinctive tone & sound, and that's all you get. No one is going to mistake it for a Hi-Watt stack. I also had a Fender Princeton that was made in the 70's.. a buddy lent it to me for an extended period and I begged him to sell it to me when he wanted it back, but he wouldn't part with it (he didn't even play guitar!!). Real tube amps tend to do what they do really well, and that's it... they are a bit one dimensional, but once you've played through one and found a tone that you really like, you'd probably be hard-pressed to play through something else. Expensive though, but in my opinion well worth it.
# 3
zashtone
zashtone
01/27/2012 10:57 pm
Another good option for the bedroom player is a Blackstar HT1r. Its very compact tube amp with a massive 1W of power so I dont have to subject the neighbours and household to my playing!

The great thing about this low power amp is that you can drive it hard for that mellow tube sound but at the volume levels that you would normally practice at.

It's simple to set up so you can focus on the playing and not fiddling.
# 4
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
01/29/2012 4:40 am
Originally Posted by: zashtoneAnother good option for the bedroom player is a Blackstar HT1r. ...

...It's simple to set up so you can focus on the playing and not fiddling.

That looks & sounds like a really good little amp. I have a Blackstar drive pedal that sounds really good. Their stuff seems very well built.
# 5
zashtone
zashtone
02/02/2012 9:49 am
Originally Posted by: axeman81http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enaYgJesWeM

It does seem exceptional. Would you recommend the HT1R above the previously suggested Roland?

the Blackstar is a tube hybrid amp, so you can get the overdriven tube sound which I like for my blues. I've tried a couple of modelling amps and solid state amps and they dont quite reproduce valve tone of the Blackstar.

Also, as I mentioned it is very simple so you dont spend too much time playing around with settings.

I'd recommend you try both and go for the one that you like the sound of, and if you can't really hear a difference then buy the cheaper one.

Before I tried a couple of amps I didn't really think I would notice a difference between amps and I could adjust any of them to suit. But I made a quick bond with the Blackstar.
# 6

09/30/2013 4:00 pm
Originally Posted by: zashtoneAnother good option for the bedroom player is a Blackstar HT1r. Its very compact tube amp with a massive 1W of power so I dont have to subject the neighbours and household to my playing!

The great thing about this low power amp is that you can drive it hard for that mellow tube sound but at the volume levels that you would normally practice at.

It's simple to set up so you can focus on the playing and not fiddling.

thats good to hear about the blackstar,i just bought an ht5rw and i am really hoping it serves me justice,i havent recieved it yet hopeing for today that it will show up,with my two tone cry baby......i will give my feed back on the ht5rw when i get it,,,,thanks bud.axe2
# 7

09/30/2013 4:09 pm
i been playing an line 6 15 watt amp,it;s kinda loud,it has 4 presets ,clean,crunch,metal,insain ,it has some effects like ,phaser,flanger,sweep ego,ego,tremolo,reverb.u can buy an footswicth to change channels ,and they have another foot swicth to change channels & volume.over all cost $99 for the amp,$ 50 for FS....not an bad amp for practicing great for heavy metal.
# 8
ThorfinnFrisken
Full Access
ThorfinnFrisken
Full Access
09/30/2013 6:27 pm
The Fender Mustang I v2 has been great for me. Little pricier ($120 US) but worth it.

Very versatile with being able to be hooked up to PC via usb for presets.

http://www.fender.com/series/mustang/mustang-i-v2-120v/
------------------------------------
Learning guitar, one chord at a time...
# 9
rumbled
rumbled
09/30/2013 11:01 pm
I,ve got this little B.B. Blaster 10watt jobby.
You flick the "Juice On" switch, plug the lead into the hole marked "Enter", twiddle the three knobs marked "Beef", "Tweak" and "Enjoy"!
There's also a red button marked "ZAP!" :eek:

I've also got a couple of micro-amps, a Marshall and a Fender, which are great for the great outdoors, where power isn't available.
Samick Greg Bennett Royale, Epiphone SG, Tanglewood LP HV58 and Strat copy, Hondo II Professional, Hofner Shorty.
Peavey Vypyr 30 Modeling amp.
# 10

10/17/2013 12:17 pm
I just bought a blackstar ht5rw all tube,I bought it for bedroom playing but not realizing 5watts is way to load..so the first one I got at musicians friend I kinda killed it by not working it properly,so they sent me a new one before I sent them the broken one.now I don't know of any other supplier that would do that.but I am really thinking of trading it in for a 1 watt.and one more thing musicians friend gave me 30 percent off the amp so it went from $499 to$353 now that's a deal.i just need to educate my selve on tube amps.for one I never knew u had to turn the standby on first to warm the tubes oops.but overall it's a great bedroom amp if u go with the ht1r,cause my 5 watts will shatter the windows. It has a effects loop and and effects loop swicth emulated 2 x12. And 4 x12 voicing and headphone jack for silent recording.and most importiant is the tone I think it sounds great right out the box..good luck ppl.
# 11

10/17/2013 12:26 pm
Originally Posted by: axeman81Ye gods, how embarrassing lol. I remember this post, and how crappy that Yamaha amp seems. That was then, how horrible ha-hah. This is now:

I have to agree heartily with Axe2......this line 6 amp packs quite a punch and has brilliant power for something so compact.

All the effects in one place? The Spider IV seems highly rated. So I bought one, even though I have my own ideas for Fuzz & reverb, specifically.

Yeah that little line6. Is great for heavy metal which I happen to love,not so good for soloing,but to break out a heavy metal chord works well,I'll never get rid of mine.heck it was only $99 smackers what more do u want for that price.
# 12

12/02/2013 5:25 pm
yep that littlt $99 line 6 amp is awsome for practice,punching out some HEAVY METAL RIFFS,AND CHORDS.but like axxman81 said ,it not to good to try and break loose a solo of any kind....and now im more famailar with my ht5rw blackstar its such a great tube amp the one thing i would like too do to the amp is rip out that 12 inch blackbird speaker,and replace it with a greenback......i have another reveiw on an bbe blacksmith distortion pedal....
# 13

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.