Sweaty fingers

johnsag
Full Access
johnsag
Full Access
01/02/2012 11:42 pm
I am new to guitar and have always had to deal with sweaty palms and fingers my whole life. I notice after playing my acoustic, the fretboard has darkened areas where I have been playing the majority of the basic chords on the first three frets on the neck. This is on my older acoustic and haven't really done much about it, but shows darkened areas where my fingers have been. I also have a brand new acoustic that I want to make sure is taken care of very well. Is there a likelihood that my fretboard will get damaged from this moisture? Should it be wiped off with something after playing? Does anyone else have this type of problem?
# 1
compart1
compart1
01/03/2012 12:41 am
Hey John,
You can get guitar and string cleaner kit from a music shop.. It would not hurt to wipe down string often during practice if sweating is that profuse.. The stains may be body oil more then moisture. Good rub down on the with lemon oil when you change string would be helpful also. I use a silcon paste, but I have heard that it not good if you ever need refinish work.
The strings also last longer if cleaned.
Happy cleaning and guitar playing
Gordon
# 2
johnsag
Full Access
johnsag
Full Access
01/03/2012 6:47 pm
Gordon, Thanks for the tips. I will surely do those things.
# 3
Chayakorn
Chayakorn
01/04/2012 11:01 am
Originally Posted by: compart1Hey John,
You can get guitar and string cleaner kit from a music shop.. It would not hurt to wipe down string often during practice if sweating is that profuse.. The stains may be body oil more then moisture. Good rub down on the with lemon oil when you change string would be helpful also. I use a silcon paste, but I have heard that it not good if you ever need refinish work.
The strings also last longer if cleaned.
Happy cleaning and guitar playing
Gordon

+1 agree

Besides, for those relic guitar lovers, they should hire you to play their guitars.
If i were you I wouldn't have any problem about my sweaty fingers as it would be cool to easily make a relic on my finger board naturally, but that's just a personal taste ;)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.