View post (Guitars Big $ or small $)

View thread

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
11/29/2011 11:30 pm
PREACH IT!!!!

I agree. I have what???? 7 electrics two of the 7 I built myself. One of the electrics is an old Mosrite that's OOC at the moment, 1 bass and 1 acoustic.

My least expensive guitar is my Kramer Striker. I purchased it off Amazon for something like $240. Then I have my most expensive guitar, my Ibanez S which I think was $700.

Of the guitars I've purchased, my Kramer Striker is my absolute fav. It just has a great feel to it.

My big amp is my 100 watt Peavey Valveking 1/2 stack. It roars. Granted, I've modded the head and purchased different speakers for the cab... I got the head and cab off craigslist (in perfect condition ) for around $500.

I'm a tinkerer. I'd rather buy something less expensive, mod the hell out of, and become zin with it.

Just personal opinion, I have a very hard time seeing the benifit of plunking down multi K $ for a guitar. If so, I'd expect it to come with some extra favors. :D

There is only one guitar out there that I would consider spending multi K $ on and that's the EVH Wolfgang. And that's just because it would be cool to play the same thing that EVH plays. But... Even then, I'd have a hard time coming to terms with that purchase.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015