Rebel Yell covered with my new band JUMP!

wolbai
wolbai
11/26/2011 5:44 pm
I have played E-bass in the 70s/80s in various bands. Quit playing somewhere in the late 80s. Then: Business, family, etc. Thought music was gone.

Two years ago I started to learn E-Guitar. Guitartricks helped me to move on. This year I looked for some grazy old rockers like me to start playing in a Cover Rock Band again. Mid year I found my dream team.

I am happy that music has crossed my road of life again. This truely enriches my my life.

The link leads to a recording we did at our rehearsal room. Recording quality could be better, but actually we only have 1 mic for the drums. Nevertheless the dynamics in that Billy Idol song is shining. I like that song for it's impulsive groove, dynmaics and distinctive guitar riffs played by Steve Stevens. He is one of the great guitar players of the 80s, underrated from my point of view and still member of the Billy Idol Band.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11247159&q=hi&newref=1

Any comments are welcome - Rock On!
# 1
Slipin Lizard
Slipin Lizard
12/22/2011 7:54 am
Well, the guitar playing sounded great... sounded like a live mix or something, but could still hear that the chops were there. Nice job!
# 2
ROCKnROLL1464
ROCKnROLL1464
12/23/2011 6:01 pm
Not bad..The mix needed some work...but Not bad
# 3
wolbai
wolbai
12/28/2011 12:33 am
Originally Posted by: Slipin LizardWell, the guitar playing sounded great... sounded like a live mix or something, but could still hear that the chops were there. Nice job!

Hi Slipin Lizard,

great you like it. I did some mixing after recording, but we did it in 1 take.
Like the Rock'n Roll vibe - last but not least supported by my limited recording experience :-) (the vocals are distorting, etc.).

Playing with an Inear-System helps us to improve our playing:

- more individual audio fun for every one
- less volume in summary
- very much more accuracy - cause you now here the bad tones too!

Thanks for your feedback - Rock On in 2012!
# 4
wolbai
wolbai
12/28/2011 12:46 am
Originally Posted by: ROCKnROLL1464Not bad..The mix needed some work...but Not bad

Hi ROCKnROLL,

well, you are right: not too bad :-) . But - as always - it could be better!

Altough my recording knowldege is limited I did some modification on the mixing. Please bear in mind that we did it in 1 take and we only had one mic for the drums. So I:

- bring the Bass more up front,
- tried to make the bass drum more audible(a lot of instruments on the mic)
- pushed the guitar tracks a bit.

Although the vocals and the bass is clipping sometimes the recording has that dirty Rock'n Roll vibe I am looking for. My favourite part in dynamics is between 3:50 - 4:00 :-) :

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11320397&q=hi&newref=1

Wish you a great Rock'n Rollin' 2012.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.