Left Handed (upside Down Player)

ejp715
ejp715
10/12/2011 7:54 pm
Thinking about joining Guitar Tricks but I'm a left handed / upside down extreme beginner electric guitar player (LES PAUL EPIPHONE SPECIAL).

Plain & simple. Would this site be good for me, a left handed / upside / ambidextrous beginner guitar player, who's 34 y/o & pretty much set in his ways to learn left handed?

I checked out the instructors & their pictures & pretty much a good majority or if not all of the instructors look like regular right handed players. I know I'm completely brand new to the guitar but I find it a little odd that a right handed player would be able to teach a left handed player how to play or I could just be wrong.

Thanks all!!!!
# 1
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Ben Lindholm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/12/2011 8:12 pm
Hi! I'm Ben, one of the instructors here. You can learn just as well on a left-handed guitar. I would even say it might be easier to look at a mirrored image of the guitar.

I know when I started out, I learned A LOT from watching Jimi Hendrix videos, and since he played left-handed, it was like looking at the guitar in the mirror (I'm right-handed). I actually found that easier than watching right-handed guitar players.

/Ben
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.