I've finally got something you can hear..

Victory Hil
Victory Hil
08/12/2011 4:08 pm
Hi Guitar Tricks friends!

There are finally three short demo clips on the webpage that has been created for me by a gentleman who is better with computers than I am...

If you are interested and would like to visit, you can hear my voice (not that this matters) but you can also hear some of the guitar instrumentals I lean toward when I have a song arrangement built around my compositions.

The song with the guitar (I am not the guitarist in this clip, but a rather accomplished fellow I met three years ago, who takes care of my arrangements) is called, Un'Altra Vita. This is in Italian, as I, most often sing in the Italian Community Events.

My latest composition has an extremely brilliant arrangement (in my opinion) but I haven't placed a clip on the webpage, because I haven't unveiled the composition yet. I am having a CD made and it will be on the CD. When that project is complete, I will present my latest effort on a local TV station and promote the CD at that time.

Don't get this wrong. I'm not famous... far from it... but I do sing in on Italian Community platform; as such I have been on television and radio broadcasts.

Check this out if you are so inclined...

I hope you love the guitar on "Un'Altra Vita" as much as I do...

:):)

http://victoriahil.wordpress.com/

**if you get an, "I'm so embarrassed... " message when you go to the page, please ignore it... I'm going to speak to my webpage creator about that... just click on the "My Music" page and you wlll three short clips. The last one has the guitar.

I'll place more music on the page once I have a pre-master quality to use there... until then, there are only 3 short clips.

Hope you enjoy.

:):)
# 1
Victory Hil
Victory Hil
08/12/2011 4:12 pm
P. S.

Please also ignore the voice schism in that first song. Like I said, these are not professionally recorded clips...

:)
# 2
wingman23
wingman23
08/12/2011 4:59 pm
love that first one "L’immensita – An Italian Cover Song from the 60′s" thought it was going to break into the "house of the rising sun", really nice singing, sexy with a bit of Shirley bassey thrown in.. :-) All the youngens are now going "who the heck is Shirley bassey :-) The second one reminded me of the carpenters.
Really nice songs those, although i dont have a clue what the words are as im not Italian..
# 3
compart1
compart1
08/12/2011 5:59 pm
Hi Victoria.
Nice tunes.. Any chance of you doing them in English..
I like "Another Life" the best..
# 4
Victory Hil
Victory Hil
08/12/2011 8:59 pm
Wow!

Thanks gentlemen, for your comments. L'immensita really does sound a little like "The House of the Rising Sun". In fact, if the right guitarist is playing for me when we do it live it is amazingly close. However, there are a few differences. There is an Italian version of "The House..." and this not it.

"L'immensita" means 'the Immensity'... and is a very popular love song. The part you're hearing says, "for every drop that falls, another flower is born... and on that flower, a butterfly will fly... I am certain that in this great 'immensity' there is love even for someone like me... "

My one song is also about love, "Per Eterno" means for "Eternity". It's a Wedding Song I wrote, and hope to translate into English.

The song "Un'Altra Vita" means yes... Another Life! Did you study Italian or use Google Translate? ;)

That song was written one day when I was just thinking about what it would be like to have 'another life'. I believe we've all thought about that at some point in time. By the end of the song of course, I resolve the issue by stating that 'in the end, it's important to make peace with self, because we are each here for a reason... and even if we're old, "the fountain of youth can flow freely again" as long as we are happy with 'who' we are, not wasting time crying over who we wish we were...

Compart1:

I have thought of translating my songs, but I'm not ready to do that yet. I have so MANY English songs I've written and haven't had a chance to put into production because of the cost (the only reason I've done so with my Italian compositions is that I've entered several Italian Song Competitions with them)... I never thought about translating what i already have music for, until recently, when several people have told me I should...

Wingman23:

I'm going to sound completely ignorant now, but "who is... Shirley Bassey?" What style does she sing? Jazz? Cuz I really LOVE jazz, but I don't sing much of it. One of my English compositions is called, "Got So Many Faces" and it borders on the jazzy... but I need to have the instrumental arrangements redone, because I'm not completely happy with what I have...

I sing Patsy Cline's, "Crazy" with an attitude though... And I wish I could play guitar well enough again to be able to put the right chords to my compositions BEFORE i go to someone else to work on the arrangements.

Anyway... thanks again, Gentlemen for your interest. I'm glad you liked the clips.

I'm going to have to post an entire song there though... I don't feel the "clips" fill the need to allow planners to hear enough to best decide for or against hiring me for their Events.

If you care to hear a full song, let me know...

Blessings to you both!

Victoria.
# 5
wingman23
wingman23
08/12/2011 10:24 pm
shirley bassey is an international superstar im not sure what genre she sings she has one of the best female voices going i think for that old time stuff.she been going forever, i think she is Dame shirley bassey now :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU-hoVxBHl0
# 6
Victory Hil
Victory Hil
08/14/2011 6:08 pm
Wow!

She was/is really something... I really DON'T deserve to be put in the same bracket...(mentioned in the same sentence I should say...); but I truly thank you for being so generous with your compliments!

:)

Victory.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.