View post (stupid question (maybe))

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
07/24/2011 6:39 am
Originally Posted by: Sgt TeeAll these replies are good, but you have to get the fun out of it. I am playing on and off for 50 years and I still suck but I am having fun. Make sure your playing comes from the heart and yes you have to practice. I play every day now that I am retired and I have come a long way since I joined this site, just in a couple of months. What you put into it, you will get back double. You will find your groove! Wish you the best, Pete

Ya that's another good point. In the end it is really up to your level of passion for the guitar as an instrument. If the passion isn't there, then hours of practice won't happen because it won't be fun. You can't really be forcing yourself to practice 4 hours a day. Those people sit there for hours and hours because they LOVE it.

So it is going to take long hours to get extremely good, but even if you practice less and aren't shredding, but you're still having fun, it's still worth it. That's my situation. I love playing guitar and I wish I could be much better, but I can't sit there for hours and practice so I know I won't get to the level I wish I could be at. But I'm OK with that. I progress slower, but still have fun playing. I've been playing for 13 years by the way. Play bass for my band too.