View post (which guitar is better for metal)

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
06/21/2011 2:02 am
For Jackson there is:
There are a few "Dinky" models to choose from as well as Rhoads and King V styles the ones I list below are the most expensive in your price range.
RR3 Rhoads (Personally I like the Rhoads style best for looks)
WRXT Warrior
KVX10 King V
PDX Demmelition King V

Dean Guitars:
Some Razorback models
I think a Dave Mustaine model
Dime-O-Flame
Dime Shadow ML

When I think of Dean I think of a heavier sound like Pantera. Jackson is good for thrash stuff like Megadeth. Both brands can do anything though and are known for their ability to play metal. It's best to just go to the shop and try out every guitar you are able to. The one you feel most comfortable with is the one for you. It's different for everyone.

You can't really go wrong with anything from those 2 brands. Keep in mind that with V guitars it is sometimes really annoying to sit and play them. Standing is your best bet. So again, take comfort into consideration.

Don't buy a guitar on your next trip to the store. Go, try them out, write down the names of the ones you like and go home and research them online. Just Google for reviews and stuff to give you a better idea of that guitar and what people say about it.

Also keep in mind that the guitar itself is just 1 part of the sound you get. Your amp is what is going to decide what that guitar will sound like in the end.