View post (What order do i do the lessons in?)

View thread

BammBamm22
BammBamm22
06/17/2011 11:25 pm
Thanks, I have been playing on and off for the last 20 years but i never learned really truly learned how to play or read music. I would pick up my guitar every now and then and learn something cool, but then i would have to actually take part in life and do grown up stuff. That usually meant i would not be able to touch my guitars for months. I would then usually forget what i had learned in the first place. This last two years i made a commitment to myself to make music (my guitar playing) equally as important as all the other things in my life. As you get older you learn something’s just need to be fitted it to your schedule. I read a stack of how to books, watch YouTube clips, took some lessons from several different local music shops, but usually the instructors only taught you what they thought was cool and never really explained why it worked that way. "Just memorize it” was their mantra as they collected my money. My problem is with having a math degree; i like & need to know why things work and what the formula is. Keep up the great work you all are doing here on this site. BBg