For the instructors.

hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
03/11/2011 10:28 pm
Hey folks, I know that Lisa McCormic does live shows and what nots as I've seen her on youtube with her videos there.
What about all you other instructors? Do you all do shows, play in bands etc? If so.. can ya link some of your tunes? I know you all can play as I've hit all of your (And I do mean ALL as I have an interest in all guitar songs from classic up!) lessons and jams.
A couple things that I do see that is missing on here is some stuff like Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead and even some Neil Young stuff.
Back when I was in my early manhood, I read on things like how Neil Young wound up getting his sounds.. he wound up listening to the Beatles and where they played two guitars for a sound he wound up thinking it was one and learned to play that sound on a single guitar.
It'd be interesting seeing some of his licks make it on here along with some others...

Thanks for being here for us!
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/12/2011 2:45 am
Originally Posted by: hrandersoniiiWhat about all you other instructors? Do you all do shows, play in bands etc?

I spent 20 years playing in various rock, blues, jazz, swing & orchestral bands. Maybe some day I'll digitize some of the old video or audio footage I have of those day. :p These days I only do solo classical & jazz gigs.

http://www.youtube.com/ChristopherSchlegel#g/u

Enjoy!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
03/13/2011 5:44 pm
Thanks Christopher. I really did enjoy watching those. Seeing all those styles is I suppose why it is so hard for me to just choose one style. I enjoy everything. Jazz, Blues Funk you name it. I grew up around St. Louis and when I worked over at the clubs on the riverfront in the 80s I got a whole mess of different flavor of bands.
Met a LOT of fine musicians as well... Always wished I could have started in on my practice at an earlier age and kept with it. Thanks for the great demonstrations.
# 3
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
03/13/2011 10:50 pm
Hey hrandersoniii,
I spent 23 years in Nashville playing various styles of music. Bluegrass, classic and top 40 country, rockabilly, rock, blues, and western swing too. I moved out to Az to be with my family in 2007, and joined a band less than 2 weeks later for a house gig. When that ended I started my own band called Outlaw Attitude, and we still play locally on the weekends. I also play one weekend every month with another band called Mix Company. A guy that plays a solo out in Tombstone put together a group of the best players in the area. I'm really honored to be one of them, and we have a blast on those gigs.

I do have a youtube channel, but need to put more up there. There's one video called "This Is Only A Test" that's just me goofin' off with Dad's old Martin. I have a bunch of vids in my favorites though, and I'm planning on posting more vids of the band, and some other stuff too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9xfgWVS0ao

My drummer put a video of us up on facebook, probably under Outlaw Attitude, or the name of the club which was Dillon's. I'll let you know when I post some other stuff, or if someone else does. Check out some of the vids in my favorites too, lots of great guitar pickers in there.
# 4
hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
03/14/2011 11:09 am
I've been alternating between you and Lisa McCormick for my country flavor. Been working on the "Help me make it through the night" with your breakdown there. Look forward to seeing some live band videos of ya when you get them up there.
Always enjoy seeing those that are teaching me performing. Kinda gives ya one of those "Someday that's me" thoughts.. know what I mean?
# 5
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
03/15/2011 7:21 am
Hey hrandersoniii,
I really appreciate that, and I'll let you know when I post something. I'll see if I can get the link for the one my drummer posted a while back too.

I do know what you mean, felt that way when I was stealing licks from Brent Mason after seeing him play years ago.

Let me know if you need any more help, and also how it's going from time to time.
# 6
hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
03/15/2011 12:02 pm
You KNOW I will always need help :D One of the main reasons I am here... besides JD, when have you ever met anyone that wanted to be some kind of artist that didn't need help? ;)
# 7
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/15/2011 1:50 pm
Originally Posted by: hrandersoniiiThanks Christopher. I really did enjoy watching those.

You are welcome. Thanks for watching!

I also grew up in St. Louis and saw a lot of different styles. I wish you the best of success with the guitar!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 8
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
03/17/2011 8:37 am
That is a good point, lol. Best of luck in your learning, and remember we're here if you need us. BTW My drummer is getting me a copy of the vid to post also, I'll put that on my channel when I get it.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.