Hello, back at it after a long time

jamiesure
Full Access
jamiesure
Full Access
02/20/2011 5:40 pm
James here ,
I played guitar mostly thru my teens and twenties, I had a fleet of instruments and amps back in the day. Like so many individuals I know; we experienced life, which means we acquired families, jobs and responsibilities. So my guitar playing was pretty much over by time I hit 30 years old. I never really gave up the dream of becoming an accomplished guitar payer, however I just put the idea on the back burner. I kept my prized guitars and sold off everything else I owned over the years. Which pretty much brings me to current with one exception, I have more time now and have decided to pick the habit back up after many years.

I am Pondering if guitar tricks can help me re-gain my muscle memory / motor skills while hoping to recover timing rhythm and basically help to get my MoJo back !
# 1
dougjt
dougjt
02/21/2011 12:07 am
If you ran thru the fundamentals and started working scales again maybe it all come right back.
# 2
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
02/21/2011 2:57 pm
Sounds like my own 'musical story'. It will all come back. :) Good luck!!
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 3
jamiesure
Full Access
jamiesure
Full Access
02/21/2011 9:41 pm
Yeah I went all the way thru the fundamentals 1 and 2 this weekend , ha ha long weekend . I realized that I had forgotten the A scale, in addition there was a B chord that I never used. Most of the other stuff I am remembering. I did a few scales with the metronome and seemed to be consistent around 130 beats. I am getting where I can hear the C scale and recognize it. So even though the fundamentals 1 and 2 are painfully detailed and slow I found it useful, I have some things I want to practice. like moving between chords and timing with the scales. the biggest issue for me at this point is my fingers done move like they used to .

I wondering about you Razbo? How long where you not playing guitar, and when you started back ? Are you regaining your mad guitar skills.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.