View post (A major chord-impossible)

View thread

terra25
terra25
02/02/2011 9:58 pm
Thanks everyone. I think I tried using one finger on two strings, but the same muted thing happened and it's probably b/c I am not pushing down hard enough. I have long skinny fingers which is why this was making me so frustrated, I don't feel like I have overly large fingers, but it was still buzzing/muting. I tried it again last night and it wasn't as hard but I still didn't always get all three strings to sound and I had been trying to push harder on that string but like you said, it feels like I am pushing so hard already. My callouses are developing. I can no longer feel light touches on the very tip of my index finger, so I guess that's a good sign. The M and R finger are catching up but I'm sure that's part of it. Actually right now, it's a bit painful to type :) I've been with guitar tricks for a couple weeks now. I play everyday at least for a few minutes and I'm really enjoying myself, I just get hung up on that A maj chord. I'm sure like with everything, the more I practice, the easier it will get. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!