U.S. Reporter Kidnapped in Pakistan Confirmed Dead

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
02/25/2002 7:21 am
Originally posted by ciscometal
WHAT HE REALLY WANTS TO WRITE IS THIS . . .

"This is what he really meant to say . . . "

That's the right way to say it.

Lol. Lo que sea. No me corrijas vato!
# 1
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/25/2002 1:59 pm
Christoph: *"get up, stand up" by bob marley plays*... ya come to da ri't place man...
I'm not saying the palastnains are blamless by any stretch of imagination, but the claim that they're doing the worse side of things is easly proven wrong by the fatality figures... when the ratio is getting close to 7 palastains to 1 isreali, is it screaming at you the palasitinains are running around killing isreali's, while poor little isreal is barely managing to defend her self?...NO!!!
I'm all for peace in the regoin, but it will never happen if each side keeps on saying the other side will take advantage and attack... what we need is new leaders on both sides... and some decent media coverage, not something that will sell or keep poeple tuned in through the comercail break... I mean it's true, poeple pay attention to the news when something bad is happening, but not so much when things are ok... and you tell people that maybe they should forget about their current ideas and open up to peace, they'll change the channel... So maybe the media has to be responsable here, and relize that journalism that sells isn't what's needed to calm things down...
I'm pretty sure peace will be reached in the end... as "liberal" groups on boths sides are growing...
Ponyone: heh, if you do some indepth reaserch, you'll see that islam, christainity and judiasim are sister religoins, and you'll be shocked (like i was) to find how similar judiasm is to islam, with respect to aspects like family life, women etc etc... even the hewbrew and arabic alphabet are sooo damn similar.. I've also never met an imam who said you cant treat jews and christains as borhters of the faith, and i've met quite a few in my time, because it's directly stated in the Koran, and if htey try to say other wise it's blasphamy :) (or "poeple of the book", the book refering to the torah i think), this is by no means a modern thing, why do you think that arabs took the jews of spain in with open arms during the spanish inquisition... I think there's paranoia on both sides really... I mean if an muslim marries a jew or a christain it's fine, no family members complain (other than maybe if the partner drinks.. but there's always like differeices in culters that lead to little glitches).. whoooah, hold your horses, the war isn't against jews, it's the palastinains fighting isrealis there's a big difference.. as i said religion is used as a tag, when really it's rich vs poor.. sharon has also created this false sense of unit too... you can see this by increased violence and little to show for it (so really he has also failed the isrealis, and i'd be surprised if he would get another term in office).. also i dont think you understand what the terrorist are saying.. they're not tragetting "infidels"... They're targetting what they see as occupation (it's not right, and neither is targetting suspects in high density civilain areas, or biulding roads through palastian areas for settlers, which is inflamatory and not talked about).. We dont know how isreali resolve works, because by the time we hear about something it's been through so many spin doctors no one knows their backside from their elbow.. peace will only happen if you put the hope into poeple's hearts.. it could happen now if poeple are shown that yes it is possible, and that BOTH sides can gain from it.. not that "why should we, when they...." arguemnt that both sides use...
I mean through debates like this i've learned some useful things, like the fact that you'r 18 you do your year's service in the isreali army, which would explain why isrealis really dont like kids protesting/ throwing stones... cos these kids aren't killing isrealis in the streets of telaviv... but parents really fear for their kids safety.. SO i'm begging to understand more isreali thinking (although i cannot justify it)...

[Edited by educatedfilm on 02-25-2002 at 08:24 AM]
# 2
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
02/25/2002 9:29 pm
The bottom line is: Yes we are kicking their asses down
BUT who started the intifada??? i know that you probably think people say only because they dont like palestinians or something like that, but our mosad and the american and the europeans' intelligence services admit that it was started by the palestinians... so i belive all those smart people and i guess i can sleep at night without any problem when i know there are hundreds of palestinas who are dead or hurt in any way, because they psychotic leader decided he could get a country by a war...
Besides you are talking about revenge: well revenge it is .. so what??? when everyday we see our people exploding in buses and pizzerias why shouldnt we be hungry for blood and seeking revenge?

Yes i know that our goverment is doing many stupid things, but at least you dont hear ariel sharon saying something like "millions of shahids are on their way to jerusalem" and yaser arafat says it every day...

About sharon being a psycho: give me a break... the guy who actualy comanded the phalanxes in sabra and shatilla was a minister in the lebanese government few years later..

by the way ed: you said that most of those countries werent even independent: Simply not true. i dont think that a colony could organize its own army and send it to fight against someone and we had 6 armies fighting here against us. all those countries were independent, the problem was that they didnt fight to help the palestinians but in order to expand over israel...

Yes i cant prove you im right and your wrong, but as long as i know that im right i dont care about amnisty and all the other stupid people around the world.

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 3
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
02/25/2002 9:34 pm
I can understand a palestinan who thinks theres no hope and then he takes a gun and kills 10 israelis, but my problem is that they ignore the simple fact that they are the source of their problems. They are at war with us, war that they started almost 100 years ago, and still they cant admit this simple thing. When one day i'll here a palestinan official saying "we shouldnt have started the intifada" i'll be the happiest man on this planet.

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 4
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/25/2002 9:53 pm
yeah, my views are the saem as zeppelin's
# 5
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/25/2002 10:48 pm
... I've said this before, we're now 3rd genration of when the whole thing started.. Why is the whole start used as an excuse to carry on? The history should not be brought into it, your 17, why should it matter what happened 60 years ago, due some poeple you nor i know personally?
I'm optimistic (but realistic) about peace, and it's just simply convincing poeple that it is possible... there's a whole psycology aspect to all of this..
About the Lebenees governer, you now see why the arab world is complaining about it's leaders...
lol, Zepplin, i'd quite like to travel the world, which means going to Isreal/ Palastine (whatever), I just hope it's in happier more peaceful times..
# 6
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/26/2002 12:49 am
im not 17, im 14:)
# 7
trebledamage
trebledamage
02/26/2002 1:10 am
I think there is a better chance of seeing a Van Halen / David Lee Roth reunion tour than seeing peace in the middle east within our lifetimes.
:cool:
# 8
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/26/2002 1:15 am
Zeppelin is 17.

As long as people are speaking in demonstrative adjictives- "they, those, them..." this will never be solved. I pondered this earlier today, especially Bardsley's post, and my thoughts came to this:
Trying to establish who caused this is pointless. People need to start worrying about "how do [u]we[/u] fix this?"

The bottom line is two current enemies are going to have to share a small peice of land. It's been done before, it can be done again.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 9
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/26/2002 1:27 am
i'd go in there be like "hey man, i got your woman" and the other leader would be like "oh yeah?" and i'd be like "yeah, and if you dont sign this peace treaty, we're gonna strap her to some C4!!!"

peace resolved...
# 10
Bardsley
Bardsley
02/26/2002 3:04 am
What is really needed is some incredibly stoned hippy to meet with both parties and start talking:
"hey, man, we all need to, like, love each other, man. I mean, like, I feel a lot of negative sh*t coming from both of you, and you both need to like, you know, chill the f*ck out man. S, whadda you say, guys? Group hug? Yeah, feel the love....
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 11
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/26/2002 3:26 am
Yeah, but we all know what happens to peace makers...

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 12
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/26/2002 3:53 am
QUIT POSTING PICTURES OF ME ON HERE!

lol!
# 13
ciscometal
ciscometal
02/26/2002 4:17 am
Originally posted by Christoph
Originally posted by ciscometal
WHAT HE REALLY WANTS TO WRITE IS THIS . . .

"This is what he really meant to say . . . "

That's the right way to say it.

Lol. Lo que sea. No me corrijas vato!

ANYWAY...

WHO CARES??

# 14
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/26/2002 4:23 am
well if you dont, then why waste your time posting here, eh buddy?
# 15
ciscometal
ciscometal
02/26/2002 4:32 am
Originally posted by Incidents Happen
well if you dont, then why waste your time posting here, eh buddy?

i mean......

who cares about the language....

i do care about the situation
don´t you read the entire forum?
# 16
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/26/2002 4:47 am
oh i thought you meant the situation. sorry
# 17
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
02/26/2002 5:25 am

"Wyld Stallions tour Middle East. Peace achieved!!"

# 18
ciscometal
ciscometal
02/27/2002 7:12 am
Originally posted by Incidents Happen
oh i thought you meant the situation. sorry

incidents happen.......
# 19
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
02/27/2002 10:08 pm
yes, they do :)
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.