View post (Has anyone built a guitar?)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/21/2002 5:19 pm
I'm suppoused to be making my own giutar... but under supervisoin of some mega profesional geezer.... I live in the uk, but i can say it'd be cheeper to biuld what i want instead of buying it.. being lefty an' all, and I want to biuld a rickenbacker/ 335 hydbrid (rickenbacker body, 335 pickups and electronics types...), which would cost me in four figures... but for about £250 it'd be enough... I'm hopefully gonna biuld the neck (i'm worried about fretting but my teacher guy says it's easy when your supervised)...

Which reminds me... ANyone found guitar plans on line? (i've found one with plans for a flying V, and some jackson/ esp type guitars at http://guitarbuild.virtualave.net/ and even a telecaster)..

anyone find a rickenbacker design e-mail me PLEASE!!!! the lesson that i join up is on wednesday, and i need a rickenbacker body/neck plan, so i can order the wood and stuff..... I've got some measurements from the officail rickenbacker site, but that's not really enough... I mean it tells me how much wood i would need... but i need to find a plan, cos if i order the wood, and i end up with no plan, I wouldn've wasted my money...:(

Jarviss who used to come here fairly often wsa going to biuld a guitar, but he's not been back in a dogs age... I've seen him on someother forums, but that was ages ago...
(sorry about the long post)