What Wah Pedal?

pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
02/18/2002 5:10 pm
I've noticed alot of people post complaints about their Wah Wahs, usally not enough wah type problems, please if you are a wah wah user, tell me what brand and model you use and if it's good or bad etc..... If I can see a common brand or complaint I might see if I can pick up a used one and take a poke around inside it and see what is cheap and easy to do that will improve the sound,,,,,thank you
# 1
Jimmy Page XVI
Jimmy Page XVI
02/18/2002 11:18 pm
I use a Gt 5 multi guitar effects processor. I have owned this processor for about 8 months and have no real complaints. Since your question pertains mainly to the wah wah effect I will say that this processor has five (I believe) different types of wah wah. The ones that I use mostly are COMP WAH-WAH and STACK WAH-WAH. They sound OK, but if you really want to find the sounds that compare to Eric Clapton's White Room or Hendrix's Voodoo Child, you have to tinker a lot with the settings (Ex. change the peaks, rates and depth...) This is perhaps the best feature of the processor, you can basically recreate most sounds (fairly easy once you have done it a couple of times) and store them.
This actually brings me to another point, when you use separate pedals combined you should alter the order in which you connect them, many times the sound will vary a lot by just putting it as a filter before passing the feed through another effect. Hope this post serves you in "categorizing" effects processors and also in those considering purchasing one of them.
# 2
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
02/19/2002 6:18 am
Thanks JP16, I'm really wanting the guys that use the analog, old style wa-wa pedal to sound off , so HEY PEOPLE! Let's Hear It
# 3
themr_man
themr_man
02/19/2002 11:57 pm
I used a vox for years, it was the best pedal ever, but it broke so i tried a snarling dogs 'whino+' it is ten times better than my old vox. But i could never take it out to gig, i've already busted the inside by standing on the output jack, but it sounds fantastic.
# 4
James8831
James8831
02/21/2002 8:18 pm
Or John Hornby Skewes, which is a cheap nasty plastic pedal.. mine died a couple of times, mostly due to a loose treddle on the pot.. i got fed up and chucked it.. it lasted 7-8 yrs, so not bad. Mostly all i got was bloody noise and little Wah,in the end.

Now i know a little more(?) about electronics i'd guess it was probably just a cap or resistor gone.

Dont know if you get JHS where you are pstring, but it gives a good basic wah - i used it mostly in a Funkish kinda way. James Brown etc.Ok, but not versatile.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.