View post (What Wah Pedal?)

View thread

Jimmy Page XVI
Jimmy Page XVI
02/18/2002 11:18 pm
I use a Gt 5 multi guitar effects processor. I have owned this processor for about 8 months and have no real complaints. Since your question pertains mainly to the wah wah effect I will say that this processor has five (I believe) different types of wah wah. The ones that I use mostly are COMP WAH-WAH and STACK WAH-WAH. They sound OK, but if you really want to find the sounds that compare to Eric Clapton's White Room or Hendrix's Voodoo Child, you have to tinker a lot with the settings (Ex. change the peaks, rates and depth...) This is perhaps the best feature of the processor, you can basically recreate most sounds (fairly easy once you have done it a couple of times) and store them.
This actually brings me to another point, when you use separate pedals combined you should alter the order in which you connect them, many times the sound will vary a lot by just putting it as a filter before passing the feed through another effect. Hope this post serves you in "categorizing" effects processors and also in those considering purchasing one of them.