Additional value – how?

Mark Harboe
Mark Harboe
12/08/2010 6:07 pm
Hi y'all!

I sitting here wondering; How do I add additional value to myself as an artist? You know, in order to be in a better and more convincing position when it comes to negotiating with promoters, bookers, labels etc...

If I'm to explain a venue why I should perform at their spot for a certain amount of money, I can't really see myself convincing them of just that. Since I haven't done that many shows or released loads of material, nor do I have a significant buzz...

so how do I "sell" myself in the right way, sort of speak...

'preciate your time and feedback

Regards,

Mark Harboe
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
12/09/2010 2:48 am
You made a crap load of threads...

You have to get out there and get some "gigs" under your belt. My band is currently doing that. You essentially have build up your resume in order to sell yourself. Don't know what it is like in the rap world, so can't really comment on that. For bands you run into a lot of pay to play gigs which sucks.
# 2
Mark Harboe
Mark Harboe
12/09/2010 9:02 am
haha, yeah I've got a lot on my mind and I'm full of questions hence the crap load of threads :)

I'm currently doing as many shows as I can, it's all just small jobs at various clubs around the country (Denmark). These jobs doesn't pay at all, I even have to pay for gaz expenses etc and drive there myself. At first this seemed sort of ridiculous to me and totally pointless, but then again... ain't that just how it is? In the beginning I mean. I got to, like you said, get some experience and credentials on my resume and build up a significant good reputation as a performer. Maybe that way the bigger gigs will come, right?

thanks for replying to this thread also :)
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.