Can anyone figure this out?

caponi14
caponi14
11/09/2010 9:53 pm
Hey there, this is a Slash solo that i want to get into.
I know that he plays kinda sloppy in this. But i wonna know what kind of lick/pattern that Slash uses to get around all those notes.
Check from 2:45 to 3:32.....

can anyone analyse it for me, how does he do the fast parts? :eek:
Is it just alot of random notes or is there a lick/pattern that is used. Looks to me like he does alot of double hammerons and pulloffs (you know, plucking the first note and hammering on, or pulling off the next two)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAB8jnw-be0&feature=related

Thanks in advance :)
# 1
banana-nah
banana-nah
11/10/2010 11:09 pm
looks like hes doing modified legatos and some sweep picking, and mixing in some notes.
Im no expert, and I dont fully understand legatos, but I can do them no problem.
I think you take 3 notes, and then you pick the first, and go through the 3 notes to make 6 notes in 1 bar by hammer-ons and pull-offs.
example: on the G string only. 7>9<6>7>9<7. The arrows indicating > hammer-on and < pull-off, picking only the first note.

Learn speed picking, haste, shredding, sweep picking, and slash's stuff will make more sense to you.
# 2
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/11/2010 10:14 pm
Thats indeed sloopy...

looks like he starts off by playing octaves and sliding them up and down the fretboard, leaving the string in the middle muted. The rest seems to simply be a very sloopy display of mixing uptempo alternate picking and legato notes.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 3
Dan Acheron
Dan Acheron
12/03/2010 4:24 pm
Cool song the solo looks like you said a lot of hammer ons and pull offs. Slash is not the most technical player so I would not worry too much about making it sound exactly like him. But good luck with it hopefully you can get it down!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.