View post (What a difference a day makes)

View thread

bobby_t
Full Access
bobby_t
Full Access
11/15/2010 2:33 pm
I've been to many funerals. Some older like my grandparents and others who were much younger and partially due to the lifestyle and usage that comes with alcohol and drugs. I guess I learned about it pretty early in life, but I have come to believe that people aren't taken from us, but rather given to us for a period of time to make the best of while they are part of our lives and to learn how to be decent human beings from each other. Or we can take the natural occurring life event of death as something personal and miss the whole point of what makes life special. When someone's passing is troubling to someone else, I try to be there for them in case they need to talk or to simply put a hand on their shoulder.

You know, at any given moment, the cells in your body are ones that you didn't have about 7 years prior. I'm not a body with a soul, I'm a soul with a body. Sure maybe people dance to the music, but it's really what happens in your soul that moves you. And while my knees get worse and my eyes are starting to get worse, I look at them as losing a hubcap or a bumper getting dinged up. They're just parts. So death, to me, isn't necessarily what I might have once thought it was.
Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.