What do you advise?

bunnahowen
bunnahowen
10/17/2010 9:59 pm
Hi
I mainly play acoustic guitars but have just bought a second hand telecaster to add to my collection. I have an acoustic amp with chorus reverb and 30 watts for playing at home. Should I buy a dedicated amp for the Tele or will the acoustic amp suffice for home use? I like the fact that the Telecaster is a versatile instrument and I can practice several genres of music with it. Love to hear any suggestions. Thanks
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
10/21/2010 4:39 pm
As always, it depends on what you want. If you like the Tele through the Acoustic amp, then that works out great. If you are looking for a particular sound you have in mind, then your research has just begun!

I'd probably suggest getting another amp, but the great thing is, you don't have to be in a rush, nor purchase something substandard since you already have one to use.

I'm not sure what your playing objectives are, but if it's just 'house play' then the Fender Vibro Champ XD would be something I could recommend.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
bunnahowen
bunnahowen
10/21/2010 10:32 pm
Many thanks for that Razbo.

Never having had an electric guitar before it does actualy sound pretty good to me and yes I don't intend to be playing gigs any time soon. Really enjoying the guitar too and working out sounds from the pickup options. I will however check that amp out as you kindly suggested as sooner or later I will probably opt for something more suitable. Cheers.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.