View post (favorite guitarist?)

View thread

loner92
loner92
07/18/2000 8:55 am
I never said music has to be complicated to be good. Alice in Chains is one of my favorite bands, but Jerry Cantrell isn't what you'd call a "shredder". Nirvana is very overrated, it just isn't that good. The only reason they got so popular is because MTV played "Smells Like Teen Spirit" over and over and over and over. I don't see what's so inspiring about mumbling and screaming with an off time dissonant solo (I'm referring to SLTS here). I kind of like one or two Nirvana songs, but they aren't that great. What really bothers me is all the 13 year olds running around in flannels claiming Nirvana to be the best, most inspiring, most powerful. most skilfull and talented "metal" band ever whining about how Kurt killed himself. I'm also sick of MTV doing the same but now with punkish crap like Blink-182 and Green Day (the later of which I find to be one of the most annoying bands ever)). They don't seem to understand how sinple and un-creative it is to write a four barre chord song with the punk beat.