ooooh, LIFE WITHOUT BIULDINGS!!!!! Listen to em...

ZackyH
ZackyH
02/18/2002 7:22 pm
I tried listening to that song, New Town. I listened to half of it, pressed stop, and made sure that the piece of crap was wiped clean off of my hard drive. Dude, she can't sing. I don't think she sounds like Shirley Manson from Garbage. Shirley Manson can actually sing, dude. I thought the guitars were insanely too simple. I mean I like simplicity when it's done right but this was just unbearable. There wasn't any variation in the music. It just kept on playing the same thing over and over and over and over and over until it got really annoying.

If you want to listen to industrial then go listen to some Skinny Puppy. Listen to their song, Worlock. That song is so awesome! Ministry is pretty good. The only album I actually liked from them was Psalm 69, though. I have only listened to one other called A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste. I didn't care much for it. Check out the title track, Psalm 69 and give it a chance. It starts out a little slow but gets better.
# 1
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/18/2002 9:59 pm
yeah... but i'm sure i mentioned that the singing isn't something that you immidiatly get, it gets irratating, then intresting, then it gets you paying real close attention... oh well, that's buggered my idea... Juno is different... infact Newtown is slightly unsual in it's repitition of the music... oh well...
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/18/2002 11:57 pm
Even I don't have this much trouble explaining my musical taste to people.

But hey, it's all about individual taste isn't it?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/19/2002 12:12 am
heh... no one seems to over lap with half my musical taste (ranging from scotish drunken "throw your down the f-ing cliff" type angst... to Dub, to some jazz, to experimental 80's stuff... god there's too much to list... but basically i dont like anything glossy and too MTV happy and insincier)... I just thought it'd be cool if i got some feed back from giutar minded poeple about an non guitar based music... oh well, I found it irratating at first.. and then i heard it again, and i had to admit i was hooked by the rythem in the words "..I forgot, it's happening again... it's sooo diagonal"... I just thought "WTF?"... and then i heard some other tracks, and i really like this stuff now... it's kinda like a musical riddle really...
The same kinda thing happened with Led Zeplin, I really like their acoustic stuf, but anything bluesy irratated me... and then slowly i began to get it, and i love the stuff now... I love black dog now, but i really hated the vocals on it at first... kinda axle rose-esque(who's voice i still find irratating after listening to "appetite for destruction" and "the speggetti incident" loads of times...)

You still aint told me what you think Rask? This time try "juno" or "ps exclusive"(if your gonna try anything)... and gis' a shout if you do...
Sue can sing (like on 14days and acouple of other tracks), just she tries this weird rambling rythematic rap type sound... I personally like it (after having adjusted to it though)...
This is has kinda changed my view of things, I mean i dont think alot of poeple would get MY stuff, vocally is slightly more melodic than this, but essentailly isn't really singing (well not all of it anyway)... and I certainly would get bored of doing the whole linkin park type thing... plus i dont know a new experimental band get chart sucess... bollox.. :(.. it's not about chart sucess, but it gets ya down when no body has the foggiest what your doing, I mean there's nothing actaully wrong with it, just now one understands... kinda like being a great english speech giver, standing on some french (just the first the first country that came to mind) town centre giving a really powerful speech while poeple gawk at you (and mad dogs bark and salivate in your direction)

[Edited by educatedfilm on 02-18-2002 at 06:31 PM]
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/19/2002 12:58 am
Originally posted by educatedfilm
heh... kinda like being a great ... speech giver, standing on some ... town centre giving a really powerful speech while poeple gawk at you (and mad dogs bark and salivate in your direction)...
LMAO! 'sounds like a gig I played at the Kingston Community Centre, back in 1970! :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/19/2002 4:01 am
I have not the bandwidth to check it out right now. Maybe this weekend when it's 2am and I'm bored out of my mind.

Oh, that and Audio Galaxy didn't work for Mac (last I checked anyway).
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/19/2002 1:06 pm
Lordofthestrings: heheh... really that bad? (i aint got anyting against the french before anyone says anything...)
Rask: ok... but I'm telling you in advance, you wont get it all straight away...
# 7
ZackyH
ZackyH
02/20/2002 2:56 am
Has anyone ever listened to Lords of Acid? There's a chick in that band too...and she's pretty perverted. Check out the song: Show Me Your *****
I think the title pretty much sums it up :)
# 8
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/20/2002 12:48 pm
Well, then there's Storm Inc. I think her band has also gone under "Storm and Her Dirty Mouth."
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.